10 Stats, Stories and Tidbits to Know ahead of Bedlam Football 2022

I don’t disagree with anything you said in the lengthy QB statement just posted. You initially said Gabriel wasn’t very good. I wouldn’t state it that way & don’t think anyone with an unbiased take should either. But if someone wants to say that his stat line & performance are “not very good at all”, then they’d better say the same thing about Sanders & his. That was the point I was arguing.

They’ve played about the same amount. I’m not gonna break it down by qtr’s or whatever. They’ve both missed a full game due to injuries. The attempts/yds/TD’s/INT are basically identical.

Tickets: I don’t have ALL the particulars. I do know that OU offers single game tickets early in the year on a limited basis. Those are all priced the same. Then they offer another sale the week of on whatever the opposing schools allotment was returned. That typically only happens during the Non-Con against a directional school. So no, OU isn’t pricing this game any differently. I know OSU had recently (likely still do) package the home Bedlam game with some others on the schedule. OU does not do that because they don’t have to. That’s not a shot at OSU. It’s just the best way for them to increase ticket sales

VS KState it was the defense.
VS Texas it was everybody.
VS WVU it was a little of everything
VS TCU it was the defense
VS Baylor it was the defense

Dillon Gabriel isn’t Jalen Hurts, Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, or so on. But he’s a good QB. He’s not good enough to go outscore teams at times the way those other QB’s did. But……he’s not surrounded by the playmakers those guys were either. He also has only been with these guys since Feb. Again, he’s not a #1 pick or Heisman candidate…….but he’s got the same stat line as Spencer Sanders who’s been in that offense for 5 years.

The fact that you had to list 5 L’s in the same season just makes my day.

1 Like

Also, I was mentioning the fact that neither team had a great backup QB. I understand that Gabriel and Sanders have similar stat lines. Here’s a hypothetical: Who would be better if we gave Sanders the OU o-line and gave Gabriel OSU’s receivers?

Sanders is a better QB. Period. If you gave him the better Oline…….he’d be better. I think OU’s WR’s are talented……but have not been on the same page with Gabriel on a consistent basis.

Keep everything the same then and only switch RB’s. I’d switch Gray for every back we have except Ollie. I think Ollie is gonna be a stud. For OU, I think Major will too. He looks bulked up!

I’ve always liked Major. But he can’t stay healthy, has trouble catching the ball & has had grade issues. I think he gets passed on the depth chart by the freshman Barnes next Aug. We’ll see. My oldest and I will be in Sec 7, Row 16, seat 22 & 23 tomorrow. I’ll be cheering for my Sooners…….but think it’s OSU 38-31

42-17 Pokes. Decades of heartbreak and beat downs, but we finally get a rare chance to run the score up. Even sweeter if it’s the last Bedlam played in Norman.

1 Like

Now put their rushing numbers on there.

I’ll get it for you…
Sanders: 349 yards, 8 TDs
Gabriel: 249, 4 TDs

So, Gabriel’s not a statue, but if you want to differentiate, there you go. Twice as many rushing TDs. If you want to break that down, Gabriel had a 61 yard scamper against garbage heap Nebraska which is more than 20% of his rushing yardage on that one run. Sanders, meanwhile has been good for a consistent 50-ish yards per game until K-State, he isn’t breaking off homeruns, he’s just extending drives, getting 3-5 first downs a game. We go with Sanders’s legs. If he has some mobility today, we ought to be all right. If he’s still ailing, we might be on the losing end of this thing.

1 Like

@jake4 So much for all that fan support & budget

#BlueBlood
#Gigem

I said “Sanders best quality is his ability to run the football”. Also said he is the better player, period. You just may have skipped over all those.

I mean, I’ve already said agree to disagree. If you want to set up a meeting place for a fistfight, I can feed you your teeth. Otherwise, we’ve already discussed it.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: Chief, I can promise you that you don’t want any smoke.

I do find it cute that you try to talk tough on a forum……that’s so 2022​:joy::joy:

Cool. I’m just saying I told you I was done with the conversation, so I don’t know what you want. You do tend to have a history of overrating things like your Sooners’ chances this year.

1 Like

I admitted I had that prediction wrong in that i overrated my Sooners. Oddly enough……you overrated them as well as your Cowboys. Yet I don’t recall seeing you eat any crow yet?
Also……I picked OSU to win 38-31 today. See, I can admit my programs warts. I’m capable of being an honest fan. You……not so much.

I also find it comical that you post Sanders rushing stats as if he is Johnny Manziel and Gabriel is Brandon Weeden. Sanders has ran for 100 more yds thru 10 games. He’s averaging about 10yds more a game.

He’s a better QB. I think they’re similar passers, which the stats testify to. Sanders is a dual threat. Gabriel is mobile, but not enough to beat you.

It’s more that I underrated the rest of the league which I did admit to several times. I also picked K-State as my dark horse.

I guess I overrated the Cowboys? I said they were good enough to make the conference game which they’re technically still in the running for, but not looking good. I do think they are good enough to have made it, they just wore down. If they’d stayed a little healthier, we probably at least beat KU, maybe TCU. We still might finish 3rd in the conference.

And this Cowboy defense that you said wouldn’t miss a beat?

Just saw a melee on the concourse.