10 Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 21-20 Victory against Boise State

Why were we in a position to have to make a last second pass to win the game? Why were we in a position that a blocked field goal was our saving grace? All of that has to do with how our team was coached. Getting lucky every once in a while with a terrible ref decision shouldnt be the reason why we win. It took 3 games to figure which RB had the gusto to make things happen. That should have happened before the season even started. Thats a coaching problem. We have literally 0 passing game. Why is our depth so incredbily week that we have 0 faith in our reserve recievers? Thats a coaching problem. Our dual threat QB is bad an average passer and hes not even that fast. Hes had 3 years to evolve into a successful player and yet every year he gets worse. Thats a coaching problem. You see this trend? Its not 1 issue, or 2, or even 3. As a whole this system is screwed up and needs a revision. Whether it be Gundy or someone else, something needs to change.

7 Likes

I thought it was a fun game. It is weird, but refreshing, having a defense that I trust and that wins us games.

What we were doing on offense was good enough, but it is not sustainable for the rest of the year. We have to get the passing game figured out soon or we will lose several games. Getting a few of our wideouts back should help.

It is obvious (and has been for some time) that Spencer Sanders is mediocre QB and is not likely to make significant improvements. If he is the best we have than so be it; roll with him and do what you can to mitigate the weakness. However, with Gundy’s history of picking QBs, I have a sneaking suspicion that the best QB on the team is not the one taking snaps.

5 Likes

During the 1st quarter I thought we sucked. Got better in the second. The 0-0 tie in the second half was just plain weird. I thought we were lucky at times and sometimes we created our own luck. So I came up with a new term. We are slucky.

2 Likes

For the 3 stooges slucky is a mix of suck and lucky.

No chit Robert. Slucky is right. This team sucks minus the defense and is lucky they’re 3-0.

1 Like

I didn’t think u would get it so I was just helping u.
Another great deed done with no thanks from the stooges.

Calm down on starting paragraphs with “Then”.
Instead of using “in what could only be described as”, just describe the thing.

Careful…now you’re sounding reasonable! Some of these “lifelong” fans won’t have that!
You watch that video of Gundy dancing with his guys in the locker room and tell me this team’s not having fun, appreciative of their coach, and enjoying playing for him. Come on people…

4 Likes

7 years and still hasn’t fixed the offensive line, 17 years and 1 conference title but let’s celebrate mediocre Mike and give up on ever playing in a conference championship game.

1 Like

Ok now if u can actually show us how u quit. Stop post is the way to show us.

Check out where “Mediocre Mike” is on this list: https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Top-10-winningest-active-coaches-college-football-Nick-Saban-Mack-Brown-Gary-Patterson-Kirk-Ferentz-Dabo-Swinny-Brian-Kelly-164304029/

2 Likes

Wow I’m impressed!!! Now show me all the stuff that matters? Where are all the conference championships? They smoke a lot of weed in Idaho? because you must have smoked to much weed the last 10 years and have missed his great coachingl LOL.

1 Like

You’re a fool.

2 Likes

Genius, it would be “too much weed” and if you had any sense at all, you would be impressed. Well done…:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Did u hear that “ur a fool”. I think u been smoke to much of that railroad track weed.

Jeff, aside from your asinine and outdated “joke,” do you… do you know how weed works?

So how many times did they give up on 3rd and 10? Because I watched the entire game and it looked like every first down given up was anywhere from 3rd and 2 to 3rd and 4.

:+1: Someone was watching the same game I was.

1 Like

I guess go watch it again.

Hahaha I’m not even going to say anything!!! I’ll let you figure it out.