10 Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 24-21 Victory against Iowa State

Captain obvious got me again :exploding_head: just didn’t remember says he did or Sanders had one too​:woozy_face::man_facepalming::thinking:

As Travis pointed out:

Why is Gundy snapping the balm with 20 seconds left on the play clock? Especially when we’re up by 10 with less than 8 minutes to go?

Well I’m glad you asked the question Travis. Because it’s obvious that when you let the other team know you plan on running the ball the first two downs of every offensive series you might want to snap that ball when there is 3 seconds left on the play clock, and maybe audible to a short low risk pass or QB draw to not make your offense more predictable and keep the defense honest. Gundy’s conservatism is like a gift to the opposing coaches near crunch time. Gundy most often is out coaching himself rather than the other coach out coaching him.

Why are we punting from the Iowa State 38 yard line?

Good question. Why didn’t we just use the best HB in the country to get another yard and bleed more clock? I guess it’s better to get a delayed game penalty to punt the ball away and risk the punt getting blocked. The last time we punted the ball Iowa State scores in no time and now all of a sudden we have a 24-21 game with Iowa State getting the opportunity to recover an onside kick.

Seriously people? Do you feel more comfortable knowing the game is won? Or would you feel better being on the edge of your seat seeing if Mike Gundy can prevent this team from winning near the end of the game?

Mason had a decent OL, two NFL running backs, Biletnikoff receiver, and NFL tight end in 2016 all at his disposal.

Mason had a much better OL, one NFL running back, Biletnikoff receiver, and an NFL tight end in 2017 at his disposal.

I’m sure when Sanders hit peeps in stride and in the numbers in practice, will see slants in the game. Horndog threw for 4000 yds I guess Gundy just wanted to limit his yards.:man_facepalming::woozy_face:

Why did isu punt on 4th and 2, we already stop them on a 4th down and Campbell didn’t believe in his team. Campbell playing it conservatively, see other coach do that. I have no idea what u are saying about mason. U do know Sanders weapon are just as good. U tend to drift, or is it grabbing for straws.
If I remember rite u believe his offense is out of date he can’t recruit and can’t close games
Not sure when the last time osu ranked outside of the top 25 in total offense. Even last was good enough.
Stillwater will never compete with ou or Texas in numbers of 4 stars or 5. Even if we had a natty in 2011. Look at tcu. Paterson doesn’t even have to leave the metro plex to field 25 4 star recruits. He can’t get any close to Texas or ou.
Ur best bet is to go back and list all the games Gundy has lost 4th qt leads. Like the 2011 isu.
Has everyone forgot Sanders is 6’1", he needs bigger passing lanes for slants. One reason he rolls out more.

Slants are easier to throw than go routes and jump balls.

Not for a 6’1" qb over a 6’5" line u have to have bigger passing lanes