10 Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 37-34 Cheez-It Bowl Win against Miami

Sorry, I was agreeing with you. Hard to tell by text, but I was just kind of generally adding to your point that anyone would be idiotic to lump Tylan in the same group as Hubbard. Tylan did it the right way. I agree!

1 Like

How often has Texas been picked to be in the championship? Probably almost every year and the sh!t rarely happens. This was the year just like 2017 to at least make it to the game. No shot in hell Riley or Campbell squander this opportunity like Gundy has. OSU did have a better team than anyone in the conference besides maybe OU. It’s always up in the air against them even when we’re at our best. Fans assumed we were better because we fielded a more talented team than 90% of the BIG12. The coaching staff (mostly Gundy) pissed this season away.

1 Like

No qb makes a big difference.

You were just saying I was making excuses for Miami losing because they lost their QB. Don’t worry Robert I’ve got a bottle of elmers glue for you to snack on.

When their back up comes in and out scores king u can’t give excuses.
The Texas TCU games were all down to Sanders. All games have errors bad plays. But when ur qb does them hand over fist.

Agree. Iowa State played in the conference title game. Not us!!! I guess the next step is to put up billboards all around the state saying how great we are that we beat the 4th best team in the ACC this season.

First, Texas has been picked to make the title game twice. They’re 50%. Second, Riley almost (and should have) squandered his chance with the league’s best team. It took OSU losing to TCU and CoVID cancellations to get him in. Third, why is it assumed that OSU easily had the 2nd most talented team? Who had the better QB, OSU or ISU? Anyone who thought sanders would be better than Purdy in August was basing it purely off assumptions or biased opinions, not previous results. Who had the better Oline? ISU. Heck, they even have arguably the best running back in America. Not to mention ISU had the B12 defensive player of the year, and defensive POTY runner-up to boot. I won’t even get into the fact that Texas had the most veteran QB in the conference and 10 returning offensive starters, because they didn’t make it either so that’s beside the point.

I’d say OSU definitely had the 2nd best team in 2017 and blew it. I wouldn’t say “definitely” about this team. Way too many unproven pieces at the two most important positions on the field going into the season to say so.

1 Like

I really agree with this. I cannot look at any one season in the last 10 and say that we drastically underperformed from preseason expectations. However, in the aggregate, the last 8 seasons have been a huge disappointment for me. It is also disappointing that we have not managed to appear in at least one of the four Big XII Championship games when I thought OSU had established itself as the #2 team in the conference.

I guess the counterpoint to that is, who cares about getting to the championship game if it is just going to end in another L to OU?

2 Likes

It’s better than 0%

Except he didn’t and he still won a conference title.

Maybe OSU shouldn’t lose to TCU

Maybe because they beat ISU and pretty much gave the game to Texas?

1 Like

Nice to see u didnt die after the game

1 Like

Let’s not make Matt Campbell out to be something he is not. He is a good coach, but he is not anywhere close to knocking OU off its pedestal.

1 Like

Because appearances mean your program is improving and you can entice better players to come to your school to help you take the next step. I don’t know how many high caliber recruits would be excited for a 3rd or 4th place finish every season.

Same ones that got 2nd and 5th

I see your point and agree that there are probably some marginal benefits to appearing in the CCG. Plus it is a fun road trip for the fans. However, the CCG appearance did not seem to boost the standing of TCU (2017), Texas (2018), or Baylor (2019) since they played in it. Time will tell if ISU can keep the momentum going, but I am skeptical.

1 Like

Don’t you think it’s kind of ridiculous that the teams you mentioned have all at least made it, but our coach can’t seem to get his team there? He talks about there being parody in the Big 12 and I don’t have any clue what he’s talking about. Because it sure as hell isn’t his team playing for a conference title or New Years Six bowl. Seems to be just OU and that’s it. All the while we struggle to beat average teams while CLAIMING to be the 2nd best team in the conference. Give me a break!!

It help baylor they went from 2nd to 2nd from last. Tcu did about the same

He’s beat OU just as many times in 4 seasons than Gundy has in 16 seasons. He’s nearly did it again in the conference title game. He doesn’t coach scared against OU. The only coach that seems to perfect that is Gundy.

TCU beat OSU. They are 3-1 against OSU since 2017.

Campbell will be gone before it happens

Where did they finish after 2017