10 Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 41-34 Overtime Loss to Texas

There are three things in football that you have to execute in order to win a football game and it’s offense, defense, and special teams. In the last 5 or so years Gundy has completely taken away our chance for a punt and kick return away! This is a big factor in what has transpired in my eyes the last 5 or so years. We still can’t get a kicker that can reach the end zone. We still don’t have a offensive line that can open a running lane in the last 10 years!!!. Does anybody really think that Stoner could ever in his wildest dreams run a kick or put back?? Stop it already.

I do wonder why we don’t have backup rb(earn there keep) do kickoff returns but are return game is not the issue. Stone catch the ball and has nice runs. Kick off return is not great.

I believe the one and only cheetah ran one back on the gooners to win bedlam. Texas won that game running one back. To just not try is a crime is all I’m saying. Mind boggling. Insanity.

Really that’s what u got out of that game we lost it because of a kick off return. Wow

I want know how many of u thought this is great when Sanders was recruited. An ethical challenge 4 star dual qb. Cowboys have won over 50 championships not one was one by one person. But a group of cowboys. Until sanders fixes is internal clock. Knows he is not in high school, has to make every play. Knows he is a cowboy with teammates. Will he fix this.

Out coached out coached. That team had 130 yds penalties. 200 and some ydrs of offense. Where did there coaches start coaching. Herman and yurcich couldn’t coach a thumb wrestling team. We lost this because sanders tries to make every play.

I agree. The last two dynamic kick returners we had were Justin Gilbert and Tyreek Hill. We haven’t had an impressive kick return since the 2014 season ended.

There another 4 star behind him that can band the ball off and pass. His name is Shane Illingworth. Not like SS is the only 4 star recruit he has as a QB.

Joe your an ou troll. U told me last week Sanders be fine with turnovers if Gundy open up the play book. Sanders this sanders that. Now its Shane this Shane that. Only an ou troll would keep pointing out things that r out of context. A troll will jump on and off things. U do know this was a bad game for us but unlike riley can never lose a 21 pt lead in the 4th and the game.

Yeah…well…Sanders also only had two turnovers (one which really wasn’t his fault) and a 10 point lead with less than three minutes to go in that game against Iowa State.

You also gotta have someone else besides Tylan Wallace that is willing to catch the ball (which almost every receiver didn’t do Saturday night).

Like I said…I would’ve had no problem with Gundy pulling him after the second turnover against Texas (Riley did it to Rattler during the Texas game). Instead, Gundy rode him until the very end and it just wasn’t enough to overcome.

I even said after the Iowa State game that Sanders needed to “clean up the turnovers” or Gundy should bench him if it continues. Go back and look at it if you don’t believe me.

Typical fan who needs to blame the QB for any loss. Guess cause it’s the easiest thing to see? Why’d we try to block that punt when we were up? Why have we only one run slant all season, which results in a TD for Tylan on Saturday?

Why did Spencer allow UT’s kick returner to score a TD? You’re right, it was SS’s fault. :roll_eyes:

If you have read my articles I have said there were bad plays. No team will not have them . One thing is until sanders understand he is not a 4 star high school star, but is part of 150 cowboys. He stays with his primary receiver to long. Holds ball causing penalties and sacks. He doesn’t have to make ever play.
Sanders is r best option.
He throw for 400 yds, and ur take we didn’t throw enough slant. U don’t think less turnovers be better.

Ok I how remember riley yanking his qb, Was different. His hand was hurt and was out for a part of serious plus one. That’s not benching rattler. How do u recruit if Gundy’s benching 4 stars.

Bub you really trying to say the 4 turnovers aren’t why we lost? Yeah the call to block the punt is stupid in that situation and the kickoff return for TD sucks but that happens from time to time. Our defense shut them out when they weren’t given the ball on the 10 yard line, our offense moved the ball at will when we didn’t turn the ball over or Sanders make a bone headed play. You’re just making excuses for the kid. It’s nothing personal against him he may be the nicest guy ever but the fact of the matter is he turns the ball over too much and mentally hasn’t progressed into reading defenses, understanding situational football, or working through your progressions. He is the reason we lost to Texas and his play is deserving of someone else to get a chance and see if they can do better.

1 Like

Ur always all over the place. Half facts and alot of I wish. Realty is u to old to believe in​:fairy:‍♀:woman_genie::mermaid:‍♀.

It’s the same scheme from last yr. Stop the run and pressure Sanders. But yes holds ball to long. Eyes his target and stay with primary target.

There is plenty of blame to go around but it is painfully obvious that Sanders needs to be benched. After watching Mike Gundy manage QBs for the last 15 years, surely you will understand that some of us are skeptical of his ability to recognize and start the best guy.

2 Likes

If he is not one throw away from being benched then I’d be shocked…or would I🤔. And as bad as I hate to say it I think we can win with just a quarterback that mange’s the game and takes care of the ball with our defense. Man SS played like he was down 20-0 out of the gates!! He needs to come way down or put the other kid in.

2 Likes

When can we switch to basketball? I’ve seen the football team under preform before.

1 Like

I didn’t just blame the QB, but if we’re going to be fair I would say OUR QB spotting Texas 13 points was a very deciding factor in this game as well.