10 Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 55-3 Victory against Kansas

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/10-thoughts-on-oklahoma-states-55-3-victory-against-kansas/

It was not a fourth-quarter game.

1 Like

First thing is first. Just get through the next three matchups please!!! Would be nice to see OU lose to Baylor, ISU, and us for the remaining schedule, but let be real here.That’s probably not going to happen.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. Playing at West Virginia is no joke and they’re going to be confident coming off that Iowa State win. Thankfully, it’s not going to be a night game. The other two teams will be desperate for a win at that point so we can’t take them lightly. If they want to play in Jerry World, then take of care of business these next three games.
As for OU, they’re probably going undefeated. Hopefully, Baylor and Iowa State can soften them up a bit before Bedlam. Every little bit helps.

2 Likes

“The competition stunk, yes, but if this can boost some sort of confidence and the Cowboys can get to even averaging 35 points a game over this final stretch, this team can be spooky with how good its defense is.”

100% this! I’m not asking for the offense to be like the Weeden/Rudolph era offenses that drops half a hundred every other game. Just be able to consistently put together drives (which will keep the D fresh down the stretch) and score in the mid 30s.

2 Likes

Conference race is shaping up for a wild finish. Ou get’s a bye week before playing at Baylor!?!? I think Baylor is playing really well. Cowboys have 4 tough games left. We are getting closer to Arlington but Baylor, even though we have the tie breaker, scares me. Maybe TCU can surprise them this week.

1 Like

West Virginia has played lights out the last 2 weeks. They destroyed TCU in Fort Worth last Saturday. They have speed all over the field - it’s going to be as tough a game (or tougher) as it was in Ames.

2 Likes

I agree. It’s going to be a dogfight.

1 Like

I agree, but Doege is about to meet a nasty Cowboy front 7!

4 Likes

Oh now u guys think wv will be tuff. Had the this game circled from the start. Doege is a good qb. Not a sexy qb. They have a balanced attack. This will be the last defense we face. After this game we will go back to scoring 50 plus.:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::scream::scream::scream::scream::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

16 straight years with at least 7 wins. 16 winning season. I know this is a fact some of u hate but again u will have to suffer. Remember there is always next year for gundy haters.

3 Likes

I really really really want you to be right about us scoring 50+ points on everybody else left on the schedule. If we score 50 points on everybody else, we run the table!!! Big 12 champions!!! Possibly top 4 and making the CFP.

2 Likes

Rite now we need to get by wv.
On stat building this weekend should put our defense ahead of the rest in scoring d. And pretty high up national on 3 downs.

1 Like

The way TCU is playing right now I don’t think they will be surprising anyone. They are pretty bad on both sides of the ball. Baylor looks like they keep getting better. OU is the only game they have left I can see them losing (unless K State can upset them).

1 Like

If we score 50+ in our last three games I’ll personally mail you $100.

2 Likes

For whatever gut feelings are worth, I’ve been a Cowboys fan since my first year at oSu in 1976. My gut feeling is that this Cowboys team has crested the hill and we now have a fully grown and developed Cowboys football team that will amaze the rest of the season. I am still dismayed at the smirking and disrespect the Cowboys and the Big 12 are still receiving by those ESPN clowns on College Football Final. If it doesn’t happen in the Eastern Time Zone it doesn’t matter.

I cannot wait til the rankings from the committee, so we don’t have to listen to the tripe coming from these Clown’s mouths.

2 Likes

We don’t have a quality SEC loss. If we did we’re top 6 according to ESPN.

4 Likes

We have moved up to 11 as of today. I St would beat more than half of the SEC…. That’s the ESPSEC bias…… that we would be higher. Lots of football to be played and there will be a lot ahead of us lose. We just need to get by WV next week and we should win the other two. It’s gonna get interesting

1 Like

Please!!! Please!!! Don’t jinx it!!!

1 Like

With briles it may be long enough for the players. Other coaches will use it. Has he brunt his bridges with Texas hs coaches too. That is one of his big deals, his connections with hs coaches

1 Like

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article255283271.html