2019 non-osu college football thread

I have some thoughts.

Texas is going to beat LSU, isn’t Herman as a home underdog undefeated or something? Bet the house on Texas straight up. Still think they underperform overall though, 9-3 or so.

Michigan will be like 11-1 or like 7-5. I don’t see an in between. Leaning towards 7-5.

Georgia will be monsters.

Bama is bama.

Clemson will be undefeated or 1 loss going into the CFP. Acc is hot garbage.

Until proven otherwise, ou is winning the big 12.

Does the pac-12 still play football or did they ban it like a manhole cover?

Hahaha Michigan.

Flips over to K-State:

Flips over to WVU:

1 Like

Lol Tennessee

Is Texas… a title contender? I live in Austin so I’m inundated with biased prophecies of their eventual reign as CFB king until the end of days. I’ve watched both their games and I can’t seem to discern whether I’m watching an 8 win team or a team that will play for the Big XII championship.

Also WVU looks very bad. I am sad about that.

I think Texas could easily make the big 12 title game but I’d put the odds at 50/50. Ou will be one of the teams. 50% chance Texas is the other. 25% chance us. 25% chance tcu/Baylor/Iowa state

I rated Iowa state low cause I just don’t think they’re gonna be that good

1 Like

KU @ Boston College
NC State @ West Virginia
Kansas State @ Miss State
Iowa @ Iowa State

Might be a rough weekend for the Big 12 because all of those guys are staring at losses.

Arizona gave up 41 points to Northern Arizona… Old Tech would have a field day with that.

Pokes will roll… there will be people gnashing their teeth over silly things in here and on other message boards… I will probably not be able to ignore them…

Why go to the moon? Why does Rice play Texas?

UCLA pulling an upset would make me very happy. Do it for Troy, Bruins. Please?

I’m cautiously optimistic for KSU especially since MSU’s starting QB may be out.

Who knows about ISU. Hopefully they’re better than they showed in week one.

TCU vs Purdue is also one I have no clue who to pick.

Iowa is 7-3 with all 3 Ls against ranked opponents and only 1 ranked opponent wins. How in the world are they ranked 17! @CarsonCunningham any information on this? Where are we at in society today.

1 Like

Reality is setting in on the forty acres.

Interesting. I would say the author of that article is taking too much of a short-sighted view of what make a blue blood (it’s way more than the last ~10 years). But the current direction is certainly an issue for UT.

I agree on that fact. But even taken over their entire history, they’ve had two good coaches. Their status as a blue blood and not just a “very good team” is mostly due to being the flagship Texas school.

1 Like

I don’t think Texas ever was a true blue blood. They don’t lead a single major category defined as

Wins
heisman
All Americans
NCs
CCs

1 Like

3 Likes

I mean Texas is close to the others, but they are clearly a step below.

Here’s the data behind my description of blue blood and why Texas is there. I don’t disagree with your opinion that Texas is a step behind some of the other big names and they actually show in a lower rank in my study - but still included in the top tier. The data behind the reasons is in my write-up. Of course, this is just my opinion.
www dot orangepower dot com/threads/a-data-based-analysis-of-bluebloods-and-oklahoma-states-changing-place-in-that-story.249709/
(Not sure I can include actual URL, so I replaced the periods in the URL address. I will update this after this season and there will be minor changes, but it’s unlikely that there will be major changes. A season or two will have little impact on rankings and groupings on a study that spans most of the last 100 years.

They’re the flagship based on results too. Not just their name.

1 Like

The true battle between A&M and Texas is who is the most deluded.

2 Likes

That’s a tough call, but I’d go with Texas, even over A&M. A&M is mouthy but ‘Texas is back’ is getting old, even if it’s hilarious to see that they are clearly not back every single season.

1 Like

You can argue branding all you want,

but if we’re talking results on the field Texas lags behind the other 6. It would be hard cut one of the other 6 because they all lead in something that is significant in college football. (Nobody would argue that Wins, CC’s, NC’s, Heismans, and AA’s are significant.) Texas leads in none of those and trails badly in 2 of them.

A blue blood is a leader of the pack or at least tied, Texas leads in nothing and lags in 2. They get cut.

They are in the LSU, Florida State, Penn State, Florida, Nebraska tier. (A&M isn’t even this tier they’re another below)

It’s also super fun to tell a Texas fan you’re not a blue blood/tier1 and the data can proves it.

1 Like