2020 4* SG Donovan Williams

Haven’t seen anything on this yet… We just offered a 4*, Top 100 6’6 SG out of Lincoln. https://twitter.com/donovanw_/status/1220511275765129216?s=21

You’ll see this if you check out Cade’s IG story:

2 Likes

Here’s a little more info on him and reopening his recruitment. Also had an ACL year last spring

I’ll be really surprised if he doesn’t end up in Stillwater. Seems like a natural fit with an opportunity to play with the next No. 1 pick.

Pretty hard to turn that down!

Well well.

Pretty interesting that Hoiberg and his staff never even went to see him right there in Lincoln. We seem to be getting a little guard-heavy, which was always one of Ford’s downfalls. After watching Solomon Young absolutely abuse our guys in the paint the other night, I’d like to see us getting some more size there. Still hoping for JT Thor. I do think Kalib B is going to be really good, but he still needs to put on another 15-20 lbs and get a lot stronger.

Can anyone do the 247 math on what adding this kid would do to our overall class ranking?

Adding Donovan brings us to 63.56, good for 7 overall and first in conference.

4 Likes

Oh my. And that doesn’t include Thor?

No, throw in Thor and we jump to 5, behind Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Michigan.

2 Likes

We get Williams, Thor, and Moncrieffe (the Canadian kid), we’re still at 5 but man, not by much.

I posted about this in the recruiting thread but good idea to make a separate one.

I agree with you and he has great size for the position.

1 Like

How many scholarships do we have open? By my count coming in to the season we had 1 open spot, 3 seniors + Laurent, and now Marcus Watson’s spot should he end up actually transferring, so 6 total? And we have 3 committed, so room for up to 3 more, is that right?

You math better than me. I have to use my fingers.

2 Likes

If Watson leaves, you’re correct in that we’d have six slots. Cade, Rondel, and Pena take three. Thor, Williams, and Moncrieffe (or some combo of any of those three and one or two transfers) would get the other three.

I like our chances with Williams and Moncrieffe. Still would assume Thor is an OSU lean but hearing nothing for so long is strange. But all the reports that said he would sign in the early period were apparently way off because I read something where Thor said he was never planning to do that.

1 Like

I gave up OSU basektball tickets for Thunder tickets because I only go to 20% of the games and give clients the other 80% and it made more sense. Plus, haven’t missed an OSU basketball game I’ve wanted to go to because plenty of individual game tickets. BUT! If we get a top 5 class I will buy season tickets again.

1 Like

Just a personal hunch, but I don’t think we get Thor anymore.

Of course, I hope for the best, but him not signing last year was an ominous sign.

1 Like

I read something where he said that he had never planned to sign in that period and that several recruiting services were reporting that incorrectly.

I think were still in, but odds went from maybe 75% to 45% IMO

This is what I was referencing: https://247sports.com/Article/Four-schools-involved-with-four-star-senior-JT-Thor-139684642

All the latest articles seem to believe it is a three way race between OSU, Kentucky and Georgia with Kansas trying to pry in.

2 Likes