2022 World Cup

Not really. Second youngest group at the World Cup. Dominated the first half, defended most of the second half. One of our oldest players made a stupid mistake and it cost us.

1 Like

We arent here to tie wales who hasnt been to a wc in over 20 something years. All the hype about this is the team that can make a runā€¦ nonsenseā€¦

1 Like

Also, Bill Young is the Defensive Coordinator for the Menā€™s Team. Was in Prevent the whole 2nd halfā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Felt like March Madness watching this at work today

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if many people who watch this team were calling for us to ā€œmake a run.ā€ Get out of group and give a team hell in the first round will be considered a success. 2026 is the year we make a run. At home, these same players getting close to peak age, booking my tickets ASAP.

Didnā€™t Zimmerman do something similar to kind of blow Nashvilleā€™s chance at a playoff spot? Have to be smarter than that.

Absolutely baffling.

3 Likes

Great that we get a Qatari referee crew in the first game. We didnā€™t draw that game due to the officiating, but it certainly didnā€™t help. One of the most corrupt countries on earth in probably the most corrupt sport on earth, what could go wrong?

Anyone who doesnā€™t think that governments in that part of the world want to see us go down in flames are being naĆÆve.

2 Likes

See ya in Atlanta if you go there.

2 Likes

Brougham, we will get down in the ATL. My soccer loving son has already been promised a whirlwind tour of the US to follow the USMNT and watch a few other countries.

2 Likes

2026 will be fun.

2 Likes

That is what I meant. Get to the knockout round. And there is a real chance we donā€™t now.

1 Like

Argentinaā€¦

Yep, I remember screaming at the TV when it happened. That better be our last game with Qatari refs. They were awful.

4 Likes

Honestly felt like Qatar auctioned off the opportunity for somebody to be a ref for a game. Thereā€™s no way that guy is actually a top level ref.

3 Likes

I kinda donā€™t think it was random. I agree with @JustBradā€™s statement above. We didnā€™t draw because of refs but they certainly didnā€™t call a fair game, and it was obvious.

2 Likes

How does the scoring to get out of the group stage work? If we beat Iran and draw England will we get out, or did we really need to beat Wales?

Top two teams make it out of the group. If we can draw England and beat Iran, weā€™d have a good shot but not guaranteed. Wales would have to either beat both of them or if they match our results it would come down to who has the better goal difference, so basically who can beat Iran by more goals.

2 Likes

Okay, well then, hereā€™s to beating the British! And thanks!

Yeah, if we can manage to actually beat England, everything changes. Not only would we have a fantastic shot of qualifying, but a really good chance of winning the group as well.

1 Like

Really need to find a way to get at least a draw against England. Wales playing England last scares me a little bit. If England beats us, a draw against Wales would be enough for them to win the group. Goal difference may turn out to be huge in our group.

2 Likes