2023 Defensive Back RJ Lester Commits to Oklahoma State

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/2023-defensive-back-rj-lester-commits-to-oklahoma-state/

Lester decommitted from K-State this week.

That is out of the blue. So winning a title helps in recruiting

2 Likes

He maybe an under the radar guy.

2 Likes

He’s 6’1 so that’s nice, stars are helpful and you need a chunk of blue chippers to be successful because there’s a reason those kids are blue chips. But with that being said I always look at the physical frame more than the stars. A kid may be a 5 star because he runs a 4.4 as a high schooler but if he’s 5’8 odds are he’s not an NFL talent and I’d rather have the NFL players.

2 Likes

Nice flip

1 Like

Good size !! 6’ 1 … 175 He should put on 20 lbs easy. I like him

2 Likes

Good to see a Fort Smith Northside player coming to Stlly. Arkansas had some good players. Look at Q Williams (b ball) from Jonesboro or Kevin Williams (Defense Line )from Fordyce.

2 Likes

Can’t forget Sean Michael Flanagan from Charleston!

1 Like

Defense isn’t seeming so bad. I’m wondering if we are going to extend Mason’s contract any time soon. I finally warmed up to him and would like to see what this defense will be like long term with players 3-4 years into his system. I especially liked those games where he got out of his shell and started bringing pressure on these QBs and run game. That really gave me a good look at what our defense could be like going forward. I’m a defense first kinda guy.

3 Likes

Yeah you don’t see too many cbs in the years past much more taller than 5’11". Seems a lot more teams is starting to go after these CBs that are 6ft plus now. That’s my favorite position to play other than FS or a hybrid role. I like disruptive CBs.

2 Likes

There’s been plenty of good CBs under 6’ in the league. But the game has changed a bit and seems teams are really liking these guys over 6’ now. Who’s everyone’s favorite CB to play? College or Pro?

2 Likes

I thought we were going talling. We do have epps.
Its hard for 5’9" guys to defend 6’4" guys.

Our boys did ok tho

2 Likes

Mark D. McMillian nicknamed Mighty Mouse a 5’7" 154 lbs former American football [cornerback] who played professionally in the National Football League for eight seasons. In 1997, while playing for the Chiefs, he led the NFL in interception return yards and was tied for second-most interceptions with 8.

I chuckle when folks here make note of edge cases claiming they prove that it is “normal” for undersized players to perform just as good as the dude with the prototypical measurables. Just a little critical thinking would tell you that the argument is nonsense.

2 Likes

That was 25 years ago. Im surprised he didnt bring up spud Mckenzie lol

1 Like

Not just as good, better. Barry Sanders didn’t have the prototypical measurable. Doug Flutie. They can be named all day. Learn to read talent.

Never viewed Barry as Small. Seems like he was 200 pounds or something and 5’8" while height below average that isn’t so short for a RB. Doug Flutie, another edge case, critical thinking wins all day long. Lack of it is why we are these days stupidly debating what is a woman and other such nonsense.

2 Likes

He totalled over 1400 yards in just 7 games his senior year in highschool and everyone was just like you, " thought he was fine on size just wasn’t good enough to play D1 ball " I’m sure that’s why he wasn’t offered a scholarship. His highschool coach was told by one recruiter " We don’t need another midget". But you would have been able to see more than the guys that get paid to recruit.

Your stupidity is starting to rank up there with Robert’s. Like I said before forget prototypes and go with past results. Little Presley should have been given a chance. I saw what he could do in highschool.

I see that rational thought is starting to get under your skin. Sorry about that.

2 Likes

Rational thought? There’s more exceptions to your theory than good examples.