2023 Football Season: 10-4 Good Buddy!

0-12 or bust. I want to see the Ok State football world burn at this point. :joy: cause sadly, that may be exactly what it takes for Gundy to realize there are issues.

1 Like

Wow, we have a bad coaches and on top of that we are poor too? cant even afford coordinators buyout? Situation of our program is worse than I thought.

1 Like

Seems even worse, honestly. Ride off into what sunset? The one where he gets paid another half million to underperform at his job? Sends a terrible message to the team and the fanbase. More worried about bruising the guy’s ego and padding his bank account than trying to field the best product possible.

5 Likes

I don’t think so, iirc they have a really generous matching program so I don’t think they offer a pension plan

2 Likes

Dickey has made something like $2 million over the duration of his contract while living in Stillwater, OK. We don’t owe him any more benefits than that.

3 Likes

That logic would shock me. Sounds like something you would hear in the non-profit world not in big time college athletics.

1 Like

Lol I don’t disagree

3 Likes

That ain’t it. It’s Gundy’s childish stubbornness and cowardice.

5 Likes

Dickey:
Blackmail GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Gundy:

Chris Ryan Succession GIF by The Ringer - Find & Share on GIPHY

5 Likes

I’ve seriously wondered about this with both Dickey and Dunn. What do they know?

5 Likes

If Gundy truly has the “don’t let the door hit you on the way out” mentality, why oh why, could he not let the door hit Dunn to UNLV a few years ago when Dunn had a position locked up there? :thinking:

I stated earlier that I thought WR was solid. I believe it is because we have two proven players in Stribling and Presley. Shettron and Bray we know are very promising WRs. Bray needs to stay healthy and Shettron was highly recruited. Just need some additional depth.

1 Like

Because Gundy is loyal to coaches and he didn’t want to let one of the best WR coaches in the country walk out the door?

So his coaches can explore other opportunities. HE can explore other opportunities. Only his players can’t?

5 Likes

I just wish Gundy felt that loyal about good receivers that he did let walk out the door.

2 Likes

No one forced those WRs to leave! Their scholarship was still there. That’s loyalty.

I heard that as well. If the buyouts (negotiated by the previous regime) are too high, Gundy has to suck it up for a year.

I’m certainly not advocating for this. Just offering an explanation. I think he treats players and coaches (including himself) differently even though it seems hypocritical.

I have a middle-ground opinion. Based on the great info @JimD provided yesterday, I make no bones about Gundy deciding to let Spencer go. It sounded as if SS had become toxic and not taking him back was the right decision. I only have issue with the receivers that tried to have conversations and couldn’t or were not really courted/valued before leaving … Boogie, JPR, and Green, mainly.

Gundy is for sure leveraging the Dunn/Dickey situations

Probably builds goodwill for when he hires in new assistants when they see he wasnt quick to axe folks not performing well

1 Like