2023 Linebacker Ike Esonwune Commits to Oklahoma State

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/2023-linebacker-ike-esonwune-commits-to-oklahoma-state/

Esonwune decommitted from Tulsa this week.

I got to say we are grtting a lot of diamonds in the rough.

2 Likes

He’s rated as a two star on some sites quit the Diamond in the rough sunshine pumping

You can’t go by star ratings. And these people don’t have a clue. How do you measure someone’s heart? How many “Stars” was Malcolm Rodrigo?

3 Likes

Malcom was rated about the same. Not saying he’s another Rodrigo, but he has nice size. I’ll let the coaches make the choice and see if he makes it
Harper wasn’t much higher. I guess he’s still with Dallas. You have seen a lot of teams , namely Texas come in after we recruit a kid

1 Like

Yea its funny how many of our guys ou and texas want

1 Like

I hope we know what we’re doing.

1 Like

It’s funny how you lose guys to the portal……starters……& they’re no good.

You get a commitment from a 2 star……he’s in the same sentence as Malcolm Rodriguez. Way to be objective fellas

1 Like

Now you see how it works.

What i love is your losing 5 and 4 stars like water going through you hand and your find with it.

1 Like

Who said he was Malcom ? I said Malcom wasn’t rated much higher by stars. I just made an assumption

1 Like

They’re 3 stars when we recruit them but if oU and Texas Jump on the Bandwagon they suddenly become 4 stars. The point is Malcolm left as a 4+Star :star2::star2::star2::star2:

3 Likes

Yea and now he is killing it in the NFL. Malcolm is an example of the flaws in the star rating system. In Malcolm’s case the system didn’t do a good job predicting his up side. I would like to see an analysis done that compares star rating and final outcomes. It would be interesting to see some actual statistical evaluations done over a large, significant, amount of data and see what the actual accuracy of star rating is.

3 Likes

You think a guys star rating out of HS is more important than what his actual production is. That’s ignorant……but not surprising. You and your buddy are sunshine pumpers. Not one loss has been hurtful or negative in your eyes. That shows you have zero ability to be impartial & destroys any credibility you hope to have.

Theo Wease was OU’s highest star rated guy that’s left this offseason. He ended up at Mizzou. You think the programs that looked at him cared more about what his star rating was 3 years ago? Or his production this season? Also……do you think he left because of NIL? You think he signed with Mizzou because of NIL?

2 Likes

It’s silly to me to even try to say stars don’t matter. They matter. ALOT.

1 Like

Highlights are just that, HIGHlights and lowlights are never included, but this get seems to be very athletic for his age and size. I can just imagine how an opposing high school coach felt dealing with a guy who can cover a slot receiver at 215 in high school!! Sans the differing opinions of ‘stars’, I just hope he develops into a good player at the FBS level and likes being a Cowboy if he does. BodybyGlass may have him at 240 sooner rather than later.

GO POKES!! :football: :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face: :football:

4 Likes

You really never know, sometimes these stars don’t mean anything. There’s was a 8 man footballer from hominy that went to TU that became a first round pick.

2 Likes

We need depth asap on defense.

2 Likes

We have 4 stars that were bust a couple transfered out. I think sometimes the stars matter but not always the best indication. Sometimes these guys just get a extra star because they are going to a blue blood or Alabama offered.

4 Likes

You’re right that you never know but the odds are far from in your favor. Hit rates on higher rated players are significantly higher than lower rated ones.

3 Likes

Agreed. HS recruit star rating is a better indicator of what type of player a kid will become than it ever has been. There is data out there that shows that somewhere. Is it foolproof? Absolutely not. But the higher star rated players tend to pan out more often than not. But for anyone to think the star rating of an 18yr old HS kid is more indicative of what type of player he is than what his production has been while in college…….is an idiot. There are 2 of those guys on here.

2 Likes