2024 Final Four Run Thread

See you in New Orleans.

4 Likes

We may not make the Final Four, but we should have a Final Four caliber team.

@Carlfromwork :wink:

20 Likes

Fair take.

I am about to blow your mind. @Dribble is right. 2022 is going to be a Final Four year for OSU. I can prove it to you mathematically.

OSU has been to 6 Final Fours - 45, 46, 49, 51, 95, and 04. If you take the average number of years between Final Four appearances you get 11.8 years (rounded to 12). Add that to our last Final Four appearance in 2004 and you get 2016. Well, of course, that didn’t happen. But - after the 2016 season we hired Underwood - which really means that we brought Mike Boynton to Stillwater. So, that formula was interesting, but not accurate.

If you remove the 1945-46 “1 year” gap from the equation since they were rare back to back Final Fours, the average becomes 14.5 (rounded to 15). Add that to 2004 and you get 2019. Once again, not a Final Four year. But… we had a Freshman power linebac, er… point guard on that team that goes by the name Ice. And our recruiting class that year included the Boone twins from Tulsa. Put together Ice and the Boones, and you have a foundation for a Final Four run. So once again, the formula was interesting but not accurate.

Now, if you remove both 1945 and 1946 Final Fours from the equation (because they were National Championship years, not Final Four years!), the average time between Final Fours jumps to 18.3 years (rounded to 18). You can do the math. 2004 + 18… :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

15 Likes

13 Likes

That is actual footage of my thought process as well as my rambling explanation. (But deep faked to add hair and a tie.)

4 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes

Final Four in Nawlins? Sign me up.

2 Likes

This thread aged really well.

6 Likes

Like milk.

1 Like

Nice edit.:joy:

1 Like

3 Likes

This is why I was confused. :joy:

3 Likes

I haz sads.

1 Like

He just slid in, nonchalantly changed it, and slid right back out.

3 Likes

This makes me really sad.

2 Likes

I had forgotten about that!

1 Like

So why are we seeing each other in New Orleans if the title game is in Houston?

1 Like

Hurricanes to go for the drive to Houston

4 Likes

Bump

2 Likes