A Look Back On Hot Takes From The Season!

Tulane: 0-5 in the AAC

Here’s Logan as well!

1 Like

I’m sorry. I know he can’t spell or type, but you can’t be calling robert an idiot when he nails you to the wall like this…

2 Likes

As you can see, this is why knee-jerk reactions are stupid and why “fire the coach and hire someone else!” is a recipe for being mediocre forever. Sometimes the coach needs to be fired, but then you end up hiring someone who looks good in the moment who is actually not that good and can’t perform consistently over time (see every HC Texas has hired since they decided Mack Brown wasn’t good enough).

3 Likes

I’m sure you can conjure up some of my greatest hits
Roast me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

What fun is football without hot takes Jake? Gundy has pleasantly surprised me with the ability to win with such poor offense after the first few games. However I’m still very doubtful this offense paired with what I can almost guarantee will be an extremely conservative gameplan can beat OU not only once but twice given the circumstance we make it to the CCG.

3 Likes

Tell me something.

Why is this team 8-1?

Which side of the ball has consistently outplayed the opponent?

Which coach has consistently out coached entire opposing coaching staffs? (Because his fellow coaches refuse to do so)

Which side of the ball has the better-developed players?

Which side of the ball have better-disciplined players?

Which side of the ball consistently has less penalties per game?

Why is Tom Hutton on the field more than he probably should be?

Why has this team just been able to barely scrape by in one-possession games?

Which side of the ball failed to deliver a victory in Ames?

Is the head coach of this team a former offensive guy or defensive guy?

Which side of the ball for the most part has played lights out this season? And which side of the ball seems to be looking at 3rd and long more times than not?

Joey u wouldn’t understand this. Ur a result person. Which is fine but not here.
First u ignore the fact that one reason this defense is so good is the fact that there are so many older guys on it.
When we scored r last td we only had like 3 punts. We were up 21 points in the 4th ( early). Why force the offense to make more plays. When we can punt deep and let the defense do its thing.
West Virginia being down 21 was the one under the gun. They proved they couldn’t handle it. We didn’t need to have Sanders out there throwing it and scoring.

What I like is we’re 8 and 1 and u will still put everything under the microscope. Putting some slant on it.
Example is Hutton. I have always liked him causes fumbles with practical no yards of return. He kicks a ball that we can down. Doesn’t over kick his coverage.
U came into the year telling us we need a punter with a longer leg. 3 weeks ago, u were crying about some bad punts. Now he is great.
Here is the result u can look at, we’re 8 and 1.

2 Likes

We’ve also allocated more scholarships to our D the last few years than we Have during the rest of MG’s head coaching tenure .

1 Like

I want us to
Play ou twice but they’ve got some tough games to play before they see us . I know they’ve been in that game since we brought it back but this is a weird year for CFB

1 Like

Twice is scary. However, OU has been scraping by. They’re slightly better than the middle of the pack of the Big XII so far. We’ll see when they play ISU and Baylor how good they are. I think we have a shot to take them, more than that, I think we’re the better team.

2 Likes

You need to be answering why us Tulane 0-5 in the AAC and why do you want to do that to our team?

3 Likes

WTF does it matter 8-1

4 Likes

But how fun would it be to beat them twice in a year ? We can dream.

Ou is scraping by . We will know more about them in the next few weeks anyway . Our identity is known though . This could be our year . Maybe our basketball postseason sacrifice will be a worthy sacrifice in the eyes of the sports gods to give us this setup .

4 Likes

Tulane had an upward trajectory going and played a team tough at the beginning of the year that was supposedly a national title contender. How were we supposed to know?

What amazes me about u joey u just dnt give up. U can say the stupidest things and play it off. Did u learn that from ur dad Biden

1 Like

Texas thought Charlie Strong and Tom Herman and Steve Sarkisian looked good. Nebraska thought Scott Frost looked good. And they did. They deserved a chance. They got where they got and we should have learned that success is about so much more than the coach. Those coaches are all good coaches. In the right situations, they will find success. Texas is hopeless. Nebraska is hopeless. There are obviously more things that need to change before they’re good again.

The point is that you act like firing Gundy and bringing him in is going to fix the problem. Our school is what it is. Its ceiling is its ceiling. Transforming it into something bigger would take more than a coaching change. I think Gundy has done about as good a job as possible and has proven that, in the right scenarios, he can get us in striking distance of the elites. When we say, “who is going to do better?” and then you mention a guy who goes 0-5 in a group of 5 conference, it proves our point that it would be very difficult to find someone who could do better. The odds are that we get worse or stay the same and just have to reroll in 4 years. Instead of being in a perpetual crap show like Texas, Nebraska, or Tennessee, our coach has us in a dominant position. We will most likely make the conference championship game, and I think we’re the best team in the league. OOOOOR we could have Fritz as HC rebuilding our program if you were AD.

1 Like

You have to understand that Joey and Jeff are morons. No way around it. They are the only ones not enjoying being 8-1 :grin::grin:

1 Like

Neither do you. Even if you do end up being blatantly wrong on some things.

I’m only wrong in ur eyes.
So ur say if gundy would address the problem of a bad qb then it will all the sudden get better.

I have never seen any coach degrade his qb so that is just stupid talk.

1 Like