Another Reason to Root for Clemson

So OU no longer holds the longest winning streak in CFB history …

4 Likes

Takes nothing extra to pull for Clemson. But I certainly like this possibility being on the table!

I’m pretty much always going to pull for the Orange team when all else is equal. Coach O seems like an awesome real life version of the Cajun coach character in Waterboy, so that’s fun. I like Joe Burrow ok. I also respect Dabo and Lawrence. So… yell for the Orange ones.

I’m all in for any team to break a dirt burglar record :smirk:

2 Likes

No way. I want LSU to drum Clemson by 30. That’s the better scenario for Oklahoma St. should be what all of our fans want.

I tend to think I am tuned in to what is good for OSU, but I am not following the logic here. Just because of the semifinal blowout?

1 Like

Yes. If they only embarrass OU many people will see that as a black eye on the B12 and further bring a negative stigma to the entire conference (real or not). However if they go out and drum Clemson then it help the argument slightly that LSU is just THAT good. As funny as it is to watch OU fans have a meltdown every CFBP when their team gets slapped, it has been making it worse for a year like next year where the possibility of having a team like OKST fighting for a playoff spot with one loss. The argument will be made by some that if the “blue blood” of the conference keeps getting drummed why would OSU or TCU or whoever do any better? I’m not saying it’s correct, but it’s there nonetheless. Did I explain that ok?

Yep. Very fair argument. It came to me after I started my reply but you elaborated it perfectly. Only problem for me is that Clemson is the only good non-OSU program that I like (maybe Boise State too).

1 Like

Can’t disagree with your logic, but orange>yellow. Every. Time.

1 Like

My logic is undeniable in evil iRobot voice

2 Likes

Here’s the thing. Intellectually, I know that OU being better in the Playoff would ultimately help OSU. I just…can’t not absolutely adore watching them being beaten like a half dozen eggs every single year.

4 Likes

I am sorry but I believe the SEC is a much stronger conference than the ACC will ever be. SEC is a football powerhouse while the ACC basketball powerhouse. I believe LSU will win.

Root for Clemson? Maybe, but I have four words for you, Joe Burrow and Go Tigahs. :tiger:

Going for…the Tigers!

I’m cheering for LSU because I love LSU and south Louisiana.

Also just hope it’s a good game and no matter what it doesn’t have any real impact on my life… So…

1 Like