'Bedlam Is History,' but Mike Gundy Bullish on OSU's Future Sans Oklahoma

Does anyone listen to sick em 365 sports on youtube? They are from the baylor area. i like to listen to them out of boredom. They covered the Big 12 media days pretty well and got great interviews with new comish and big12 head coaches. I get the talk up baylor because they are supposed to but I think they are going to be our #1 rival when ou leaves. They think they are some pretty big hot stuff and have been for a while. I get they won 2 conference titles but geeze. We been having winning seasons longer than them.

2 Likes

You could say everything you just said about Major League Baseball like 50 years ago. Baseball used to be king. Greed killed it. There was money being made.

College football won’t go away just like the MLB didn’t. It just won’t be the powerhouse it is now. Let’s say that, in ten years, the NFL wants to get more games on national television so they do half the games on Saturday and half on Sunday. Why would a football fan watch college ball over pro? The college game offers nothing that the pros don’t offer better. People won’t consciously acknowledge that, but it’ll happen gradually.

2 Likes

I understand your want for optimism. But What in these last few years has shown cooler heads will prevail?

2 Likes

I’m just asking to be better than Baylor (4-7). I never said anything about trying to be better than OU. Anyone who suggests so doesn’t have a brain.

1 Like

Blah blah blah. You lied about pointing out other teams point of veiw. Then go back to a statement you have said 100 times. I see tomato slice didnt get excited a rite you back. Its bad you cant even butter up to goons.

1 Like

This isn’t the first time we’ve gone through a shakeup. The SWC, Big 8, A&M/Colo/Neb/Mizzou leaving. I think college football has been in its heyday & currently still is. It is still 2nd to only the NFL. Again, it’s definitely got issues to deal with. But let’s not act like it’s been on some sort of decline. It’s at a crossroads. But it’s also at the peak of its popularity.

I agree on what baseball WAS VS what it currently is. We won’t agree on greed being the reason for baseballs demise. Greed is permeating each of the professional sports. The NFL is the same, yet it is thriving. So is college football. The issue for baseball is pace of play. Easily the biggest issue. Greed is waaaaay down on the list of suspects that has killed baseball.

I think we’re likely to see a larger separation between the haves & have nots. But I don’t see any way in which the game of football loses luster. The NFL is king. But it doesn’t want to kill college football, so it won’t try to by playing on top of them. There will always have to be a “minor league” for the NFL & that will be the college game.

College football should have no existence in an learning institution ever. It’s the inevitable.

1 Like

Just took time for ya hoos to figure it out

A&M’s biggest rival was Texas. A&M hasnt been effected by the loss of that rivalry. Missouri’s biggest rival was Kansas. Losing that rivalry hasnt been whats effected either program. Nebraska’s was OU.
Losing that rivalry hasnt been whats effected that program. ZERO chance people stop watching football. You people are correct to be nervous about College Football and the direction it may be headed. But the takes that sound like its going away or are going to be unwatchable or fall off the sports watching radar…are going waaaaay too far

Just the rivalry have caused the down turn of these school. I think tuffer teams and on some part the loss of texas recruits have hurt.
Losing bedlam will hurt eyeballs for tv for us. Gundy has finish in the top 3 high majority of the time in the big 12. That is something that will continue.

1 Like

Losing Bedlam is something Gundy is quite use to.

If high majority of the time means just less than half.

1 Like

I know the only part of high majority you understand is high.
Gundy has been 3rd or higher 11 times. That round 2/3. That my friend would pass any law in the senate. He is 7 out of 17 get 2nd or better thats over 40%.
You still havent told me what your ultimate goal is.
Stop liei g or talking about titles and bedlam. What is your purpose for this smear campaign. Love to hear it

1 Like

All that’s a lie. Feed that to someone who as desperate to believe as you.

1 Like

Which is a lie. We have finished this way. You are a lie. Everybody counts ties even you or joy. You both give tcu and baylor a title with a tie. When people talk about ku there were ties. The inly reason to break down actual place would be for bowls. You have pointed out bowls are a joke. Im using your standards jug.

And again you skipped the part where you tell use what your ultimate goal is

1 Like

Like I said, try to convince one of your other names you post under.

If Gundy was half as good as you claim, you wouldn’t have to lie about his results.

1 Like

So you cant tells us why your on this site. Im on here to talk about osu sports. And i do. You do not.

Go look them up i ran the numbers for you. You just dnt want to admit it. Even with 12 teams gundy finish tied for the 2nd best recond and tied for the 1st best record. You are lieing to yourself because it doesnt fit your narrative. Just like in 2020 you say we finished 4th. How in what reality. You would have to give texas a win. Yes the big 12 site does. Ncaa doesnt. Or any other site. That goes back to why everyone hates texas, big 12 sucks theirs. Big12 has always gone % on uneven schedules.

So tell us what is it you really want

1 Like

It may be at its peak but that’s exactly what it is, it’s “peak”. There will be a decline idk when, but these super conferences will be part of the decline,

Its funny they gave texas a win but not kansas. The is a big leap. With kansas history with texas. You got a narrative and you bend it to it. Problem is i use your rules,and showed we aint as bad as you make out.
So still to the point why is it so important after a 12 and 2 season to hunt Gundy’s head.

1 Like

@yo1 Ok, I shouldnt have used the word peak. Its more popular now than its ever been. COULD there be a decline due to what has/is going on right now in the game? Absolutely. But there is far more things that indicate that the game will continue to grow and flourish like it always has. The Playoff will at some point be expanded & with that expansion will come growth in dollars, eyeballs, exposure and so on. We are talking about the most visible, marketed, popular sport BY FAR. As long as the sport of football is King, there will always be a large following in College too. If there is a collegiate sport that is dying a slow death…its not football. Its college basketball.