Bedlam Wrestling Recap: Cowboys Dominate Sooners 31-3

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/bedlam-wrestling-recap-cowboys-dominate-sooners-31-3/

A fight breaks out between OU’s heavyweight and AJ Ferrari.

2 Likes

Another Bedlam Beatdown as it should be

4 Likes

Life is good

5 Likes

That was great to see A.J. get a take down on Sooners heavyweight after the dual was over. I hope it was not instigated by A.J. running his mouth. If so, coach Smith has to get him under control. The NCAA hates OSU so much that they might want to throw a penalty on us if it keeps up.
Wonderful to see OU get embarassed tonight in front of their paltry crowd. Our guys are looking to be a bit physically stronger than in past seasons. Wyatt Sheets looking really good. A healthy Plott showing his potential. Loved the emotional reactions from Gfeller. Each time I have seen Demas wrestle he never seems to go all out and usually squeeks by with a win. Not tonight. Surber is going to continue to have trouble with the bigger heavyweights. OU got lucky at the Big 12 tournament only because we had so many injured guys competing. And we all saw what happens when the Cowboys wrestle healthy. Pound on em even more so when we meet them in Feb. Grind their faces into the mat in front of a packed house next time. Total humiliation tonight. Looking forward to hearing what John Smith thought about the performances.

5 Likes

A. J. Is sure capable of running his mouth but from what I could see their HW shoved AJ first and they exchanged shoves until AJ took his a&& down. John should let AJ wrestle him next meet. AJ needs to be taken down a notch or he’s gonna be outa control to me. John needs to have a long talk with him, I doubt it would sink in much
The guys looked to be more on the offense rather than sit back and waiting
I was hoping for a big goose egg for the goons

4 Likes

It was sweet from start to finish. The heavyweight match gave up a lot of weight. The fat boy for OU shouldn’t pick a fight with AJ. Just saying…
Thanks Seth!

3 Likes

There were several uo members talking chit after matches Guess that’s how you take a curb stomping :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Well that’s how ou takes a curb stomping…

3 Likes

They put up a list of returning champions coming back this year Didn’t realize Penn St has 4 coming back :flushed::flushed:

2 Likes

It was great. Good day to be a cowboy. We’re 6 and 0 in the bedlam race. I’m glad we are keeping ou in wrestling.

1 Like

It was sweet to watch the beatdown.

2 Likes

Glorious !!!

1 Like

Yes, for many seasons during interviews John Smith has said that he would like to see more offense from his guys, especially in the first period. So far it looks like he finally has a team that is doing that instead of circling. This is a more aggressive point hungry team so far.
I hope that the Big 12 commissioner does not slap a one match suspension on AJ and the OU heavyweight. John Smith probably will have to email an apology to the OU coach. But it made for great TV watching and shows prospective recruits that OSU wrestlers are tought hombres. Not at the level of the Pitt Bulls at Iowa, however.

2 Likes

No worried about 1 match. But God it makes good bedlam lore

1 Like

Should’ve been 33-3 with Ferrari’s takedown of OU’s HWT.

4 Likes

I’m sure that AJ said something but the OU HW started the altercation. Also AJ is one of the biggest supporters of OSU that I have seen, he is truly over the moon with being at OSU, he wears it on his sleeve and lets everyone know every chance he gets. It’s pretty refreshing to watch.

2 Likes

Does he love osu or hates ou so.:upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::innocent::innocent::innocent::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::partying_face:

I have seen some deranged comment. But these by h8 are bizarre

1 Like

See that it is your first time to post. Obviously you’re deranged so hopefully this will be your last time to post as well. Take care.

1 Like

Loved seeing Bedlam wrestling on ESPNU. With today’s various mediums all needing content, it is good to see some other sports getting coverage. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Yea I want more wrestling on ESPN, FOX etc. They got to do better with the scoreboard next time though. The person running it had no clue as to what was going on

1 Like