Believe it or Not: On Spencer and Special Teams

U and ur ou trolling. Riley’s not done yet. Ar1 every in doubt make ou reference. That oh so sly ou logic. Did u learn that in norman.

If you’re going to learn best to learn from the best.

While Leach led his Red Raiders for those 10 seasons, they won more games then Oklahoma State in all but what, two seasons?.. I don’t believe Mangino ever presided over a KU program which finished the season with conference ranking outside the top 6, and in both cases, were competing in what was the “Golden Era” of the Big12.

The two fought against top 10 UT and OU programs year in and out, as well as consistently top 25 Nebraska, K-State, and even A&M programs… Tech could have very easily had a Conference Title during the Michael Crabtree era were it not for a miserable set of tie-breaking bi-laws; a year which saw Gundy fall to all 3 members of the Big12 South if I recall!.

I’ll apologize for being mistaken about the KU title, though their Orange Bowl victory was no fluke, finishing the season with a New Years 6 bowl game, something our vaunted coach has achieved only once in that lone “magical” season of 2011… I’m also confused as to why it would matter whether or not they were “forced out” or “fired”, as regardless of what term you wold like to use, they both left successful programs against their own will.

In any case, I’m lost as to why you so heated about this empty topic, and our lackluster coach, but I’ll give you the board for the night as it and you are no longer worth my time and effort…

Not really know why ur sticking up for these guys. Some of ur stuff is still wrong. I started this by say school who forced out winning coach. And how they have not got back to where those coachs were. So I already know leach and mangino were winning.

It’s really odd. At least two of u think leach is better then Gundy. most of ur grip with Gundy is only 1 con champ. 18 yrs leach has none and only 2 seasons over 10 wins. U guys kill me.

Really, we need a reboot on coaching techniques for speciality teams. For one get a coach that has some knowledge about running lanes, implementing proper personnel and how to defend the field when deep onside kicking.

Agree 100%. I would not label Special Teams as a problem. Gundy’s explanation for trying to block the punt was weak. We were ahead and just needed to get the ball back to control the game. There was no need to take extra risk.

I get it that Sanders was the main culprit in losing to Texas. However, a true freshman with only 2.5 games behind him may not be our best option when playing a team like Texas. We saw how Shane threw an interception against West Virginia and that is whilst he was on training wheels with a limited set of play calls. He played very well against Kansas but everyone plays well against Kansas. He appears to be super talented and a great one for the future. However, I am not sure you want to hand over the keys to a true freshman in an year where we are trying to win a Big 12 championship. My guess is that Gundy saw how Spencer improved over the last season with more reps until he got injured. He is betting that Spencer will clean up the turnovers and will get the high ceiling we are expecting from him as we progress. That will give us the best chance against OU which will be a monster (if not already) come the time we play them.

I guess you watched a different game. We’ve had deficiencies in special teams since Joe DeForest left in 2011. Grad Assistants and Grundy have zero expertise in this area. Go watch the video on the kick return for a TD. Pitiful coverage, people running by the football, not squeezing the football from their lanes, players not breaking down to make a tackle. On and on…

U kick the ball and tackle u need a whole new coach.

U troll bvb yet or to early. Still washing ur ou pj

Not a troll just a truth teller. BTW no pjs just Pistol Pete briefs with the quick draw fly.

What stoops says is not the truth. I go commando

I didn’t recognize Stoops said you didn’t go commando. Or not sure why he cares. Sounds like a personal problem.

Only u can get to simple statements confused. Also, only ou fan would worry about stoops checking my underwear out. Way to play it off not so slyly. Was wonder why his sons don’t look like him.

My reply button not working rite

No confusion, I just responded to what you wrote.