Big 12 Introduction Series: What to Know About Houston as Cougars Exit AAC for Big 12

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/big-12-introduction-series-what-to-know-about-houston-as-cougars-exit-aac-for-big-12/

Get to know new Big 12 member, Houston.

1 Like

I actually think if Houston really wanted to they could be the next big program in the new conference. A coastal city with a large population, and plenty of recruits to choose from in that region.

1 Like

They have potential. Just not sure if Dana is the man for the job.

1 Like

They are a commuter school. Large enrollment not a lot of enthusiasm for football. Kelvin I knew would become a powerhouse there

1 Like

There wasn’t a lot of enthusiasm at Baylor for football in a very long time. Now all of a sudden they have three conference titles to our one. What makes you think Houston wouldn’t do the same?

1 Like

You moron they won a lot under Teaff in the SW conference long before we started winning. You post such childish chit, again you don’t know football joy. Let us school you :cowboy_hat_face:
I see you still count thugs winning a title :joy:

1 Like

Teaff’s record wasn’t much different than Pat Jones and that ain’t saying much.

1 Like

Teaff averaged 6 wins per year and 4th in the conference over 20 years. That’s over an 11 game schedule on average. Not to mention a 4-4 bowl record as well. I don’t think anyone but you or Bob would classify that as “a lot”.

He won the SW conference at least once, that’s your definition of winning ? Right ? Now you come up with overall record ? See Joy you talk out both sides of your mouth You don’t get it both ways, why bring his total record up ? Gundy is much better and Teaff was doing this when we were total crap.

1 Like

Because in your opinion that’s all that matters. You’ve stated it extensively on this forum. Yes, he won the conference twice in 20 years. That’s most likely going to be more than Gundy will at OSU. Yet, you praised Gundy’s total win record and defend his lack of conference titles. Winning 6 games per year on average and winning the conference once every decade isn’t what most people would consider “winning a lot”. Stop contradicting yourself and try to make sense for once.

Whoa joy who’s the one contradicting theirselves!! You brought up Teaff record , i just said they were better than us in that period. We didn’t average 6 wins a year in that period !! Gundy has averaged way more than 6 wins. Gundy wins. Period for the place we are
I said nothing about Teaff overall record, you brought it up as the bench mark. Again you talk out both sides of your mouth
Teaff won two conference titles, which to you is all that matters ? Right ? But he had losing seasons too. Gundy hasn’t…

1 Like

He doesn’t like being proven wrong :sob:

1 Like

Jug you have never been rite

Jug you’ve never proved anyone wrong. Your knowledge of football is kissing butt with Holder and saying you told him a bunch of blah …
Good one liner as always. No info , no nothing just an opinion that matters very very little

1 Like

Making the claim he started winning a lot before we did is still a stupid argument. What does that have in correlation with OSU football? You still made the claim he was winning a lot. All I told you is that most people wouldn’t consider 6 wins per year and a conference title once a decade a lot. You’re trying to group something in that makes no sense and then tell me I’m the one contradicting myself? You’re the one that brought up Teaff in the first place. I’m just making the point that you thinking 6 wins per year is a lot is really sad.

Also, Baylor football is 622-590-44 (51.3%) OSU football is 628-564-49 (52.6%). Doesn’t matter when they were better than us. They’re still not as good as an overall football program. Which still validates my claim that there was never any real enthusiasm in football at Baylor before Gundy’s time at OSU as the HC or Art Briles arrival at Baylor. Yet, here they are with three conference titles and here we are sitting at one. I’m just making the point that Houston has the potential there to be a consistent conference champion in the new conference. Perhaps even more than what Baylor had.

2 Likes

The only thing you wrote was at the end. Houston has potential.

Boston played good baseball but went likeb100 years in between ws wins.

1 Like

Houston may has potential, but other teams don’t stand still, they are developing. My point is that when Houston realizes its potential, it will have a lot more competition in the conference.

2 Likes

Kinda reminds me of Gundy. Only 87 more years.

1 Like

And you’ve never been right about anything.

Moron that was my point. Except unlike you gundy has been around for that long. Its amazing how i make a point and you think you can lol

1 Like