Big 12 Media Days

Big 12 Media days kicks off today. I’ll be down there tomorrow for OSU’s portion. Thought this would be a good thread to keep up with the happenings.

Bowlsby speaks at 9 a.m. and coaches and players from Iowa State, TCU, West Virginia, Kansas State and Oklahoma will speak today.

Baylor, Kansas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State and Texas go tomorrow.

18 Likes

should we expect some of the players to be repping their NIL sponsors during media days? Like is Spencer Rattler going to be covered head to toe in his new terrible logo apparel??

5 Likes

I believe the rule is that they can’t wear sponsored garb at team functions. This would qualify as a team function.

9 Likes

Ask about Big12 expansion. And if they say “no comment”, say you’ll release compromising pictures.

2 Likes

Speaking of NIL, are all deals made with athletes public information regarding $$ amount and contract/sponsorship length? Would be curious if companies taking fliers on players could basically structure the contract to take future stock similar to a sports agent who gets a portion of future income.

I’m not there today. Someone probably will, though, because it gets asked nearly every year.

3 Likes

Not 100% on that, but I don’t think most would be public info.

We could have a “Baby Luka” t-shirt with Cade’s actual face on it! :sob:

2 Likes

Dang. Could be a lot of shady deals happening if it isn’t required to be disclosed.

2 Likes

Rattler won’t be there :disappointed:

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be incredible if someone asked Malcolm “Hey Malcom what do you feel like you and the defense’s best attribute this year will be?” And his response is “well, we really feel like our speed to cover the whole field quickly makes us elite, and speaking of great coverage, for all of your insurance needs check out Allstate, you’re in good hands with Allstate.”

18 Likes

“Hey Spencer, what have you been doing this offseason outside of football?”

“Been doing a lot of fishing and hunting per usual, but also have started playing some golf. I’ve got a wicked slice that I’m trying to fix haha. And speaking of a wicked slice, eat at Hideaway. Stillwater owned world famous pizza since 1957!”

15 Likes

I think you just found a calling in the advertisement business

6 Likes

Seems like Bowlsby mostly spoke on COVID, NIL and why OU has to play at 11 a.m.

7 Likes
7 Likes

@marshall ask a lot of Caleb Etienne questions tomorrow please :grin:

7 Likes

I’ll ask at least two.

8 Likes

Thank you

3 Likes

If only you had been there today Marshall, could have cost the Commish $5!

5 Likes