Big 12 Reportedly after 1–3 More Schools Along with Colorado

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/big-12-reportedly-after-1-3-more-schools-along-with-colorado/

The league wants to get to 14 or 16 teams.

Let Oregon and Washington know there’s no deal coming from the Big 10. The time is now or never. The Big 10 already grabbed the PAC schools they wanted.

1 Like

Meanwhile, the hippies at Cal-Berkley and Stanford are looking around…clearing their throats…

I say tell ASU, UA and Utah that we are adding Memphis, SMU and Connecticut on Aug 15. Only way to prevent it is to join before.

If we don’t get one of the other Pac12 schools, and have to settle for a G5 school, I’d love to see us go after USF. They have one of the largest student bodies in the country, a large alumni base, they just approved a new on-campus stadium (they’ve been playing in the Bucs stadium to this point), are right in the heart of the fastest growing cities in America (Tampa) and a Top 10 national media market.

1 Like

Supposedly, Oregon and Washington officials are meeting with the Big 12 tonight. :eyes:

3 Likes

Where did you see this information???

1 Like

Multiple places. First heard it on the Monty Show. As always I take it with a grain of salt

1 Like

Getting Oregon and Washington - and maybe Utah - would be huge. Swing for the fences Yormark.

2 Likes

Oregon, Memphis and SDSU . Are on my list

@TheButcher Why in the world would you have Memphis and SDSU on your list?!?!?! Oregon, absolutely. Why would you want those other two? SDSU I can possibly see an argument. Memphis?!?! I dont get it

1 Like

Pod 1: Oregon, Washington, Utah, BYU
Pod 2: Colorado, Kansas, K State, OSU
Pod 3: Baylor, Tech, TCU, Houston
Pod 4: WV, Cincy, UCF, Iowa State

I stole your model Jarrod. Would be a really fun conference to watch if you can snag Utah, Oregon, and Washington. You get the PAC-12 champion of the last two years along with a couple of other schools that have been in the CFP and played for a couple of national titles.

Oregon- played for a natty twice since 2010
Washington- played in the 2015 CFP
Utah- Won the PAC the last two seasons
TCU- played for a national title last season
Cincy- played in the CFP in 2021
Baylor- three conference titles since 2013
K State- two conference titles since 2012
Kansas- An improving program
Iowa State- an improved program
OSU- A consistent program
UCF- A couple of undefeated seasons in recent years
WV- okay sometimes
Houston- Has shown potential in the past to be really good
Tech- Looks like an improving program
Colorado- Coach Prime
BYU- solid most years and plays hard

The conference may not have some blue bloods, but it would definitely be interesting and I think would grab a lot of attention nationally.

2 Likes

This…is an entire post in which we can agree. Well done.

1 Like

If we were to add Memphis and the AZs it would look like this:

I think Oregon and Washington add more value but I also think geography matters.

I want what I want don’t judge me .

I don’t have to answer to you . Are you the expansion police?

Jk

I want to go a little more into sec big ten area and not push all our chips out west . Balance it out . They’ve supposedly got a ton of fed ex money so we wouldn’t have to pay full price either .

It gets us closer to some acc to whenever they’re deal I’d up a few years from now .

Also do we need Oregon AND Washington ?

1 Like

“Need” is a relative term. I think the Big 12 needs as much credibility with the league as they get. That makes TV/Streaming deals more lucrative. More $$ means increased budgets and facilities. Which leads to better staffs. Which leads to better players. Its all relative. Memphis adds nothing. If you add teams you want to increase your revenue per team…adding Memphis-like programs does nothing but dilute your return

3 Likes

Hey Heartland…my response to Oregon being a possibility is…NO S**T!! I think thats the domino everyone is waiting on. If the Big 12 gets Oregon…thats a major feather in the cap. You can begin to offset the loss of OU/TX pretty quickly.

2 Likes

It wasn’t my model to begin with since I’ve seen it elsewhere lol.
Yeah i love your idea of Oregon, Washington, and Utah to the Big 12.

1 Like