Big 12

Idk if it’s just me, but the conference needs to figure it’s media rights out or we’re gonna get left in the dust. This ESPN+ is terrible compared to what the Big 10, ACC, and SEC get with their own network.

2 Likes

What if I told you the guy who was a major force for creating the Big Ten Network worked for the Big 12 first? He wanted to create a Big 12 Network first.

But, he moved on when they wanted to call it the “Soon.horn Network”

8 Likes

I wish it would’ve happened.

I thought it was the Horney.Sooner Network?

3 Likes

Agreed, ESPN+ is actual trash. I typically give a lot of patience to apps and streaming but with as much money and media distribution experience ESPN has under its belt it’s obvious they are trying to be cheap with their logistics and infrastructure for the ESPN+ platform. It will only take the school complaining about quality for them to change.

However, I will say, they did stream a lot of games I would imagine would have never gotten air time in the past. In that regard it is a welcome change. I would rather be able to watch all games all season regardless of quality rather than being forced to watch a live box score

6 Likes

Not Big 12 related, but I’ve found it hilarious that in order to buy a UFC PPV you have to have an ESPN+ subscription. A big rip off if that’s all someone wants from ESPN+

Other subscription services are doing this too. You can watch Cruella with Disney+ but it will cost you another $30. I understand what they’re doing and why, I just hate that we don’t have any power in the matter because they have what we want.