Big Ten Watch

Insiders start spilling your info.

Man, we saw what happened the last time someone did that here :joy:

I’d say there’s a 50/50 chance for us to get into the B1G. Either we will or we wont.

6 Likes

I’m no insider but the Big 10 is considering dropping divisions to do the “Alliance” scheduling. I’d think that doesn’t bode well for us.

1 Like

It’s not a matter of it but when.

Spill the info then :grin:!

1 Like

Biggest secret in Stillwater?

Fluid scheduling makes it was easier to get into the mix.

1 Like

This joke is getting old.

I don’t think it’s actually a joke though. Nothing may come of it, but I trust everyone who said we’re making a run at trying to get in.

It isn’t a joke. This thing is in motion. I can’t say with as much confidence as @Dribble from the folks I know, but this thing is very much in play. It is actively being worked on and prepared for.

7 Likes

I want the Big Ten thing to happen because Oklahoma tried and tried to get into the Big Ten and couldn’t.

It would be a perfect chef’s kiss for conference realignment to spite Oklahoma fans.

Plus it would give us a chance at late season prime time games on Fox if we are playing at home. This is due to the Big Ten traditionally not wanting to play night games up north.

7 Likes

Have the wrestling guys heard much?

Good. I was hoping I’d see some double downs.

2 Likes

There are 4-5 people on here that are hearing the same thing

Any ideas on timeline

Somebody smarter than me can elaborate on how that is possible with the current contract

Pac 12 GOR ends in 2024. Big 12 GOR ends in 2025. Once you’re within a year of your GOR expiring, you have free reign to negotiate. So the Pac 12 GOR ends at the same time the Big 12 schools can openly negotiate with no penalties.

2 Likes

Isn’t the Big Ten’s TV contract up first? I’m thinking the Big Ten pivots hard to Fox.

2 Likes

2023, that’s where 2024 comes from. Would make sense.