Blind Resume: Spencer Sanders Should be in the Middle of the Heisman Race

Originally published at: Blind Resume: Spencer Sanders Should be in the Middle of the Heisman Race | Pistols Firing

Spencer Sanders has a legit Heisman case right now.

1 Like

Gundy didn’t leave him in against UAPB so the numbers are going to be low. He shouldn’t have left him in and did what I expected Run with Gunner until halfway through the 4th and put in Rangel. They need game time experience. Gunner being left handed might make it a little more difficult to handle hot throws.

If Sanders gets it together as he should being in the program five years, he will have a chance to be in the running. Gundy has never been known for running up the scores for the most part. A Tech game does come to mind though.

3 Likes

Yes he is in there. It’ll depend on how you finish. And i mean wins. If the numbers stay like this and sanders goes 9 and 3 he is out. If he goes 9 and 3 his numbers have to get bigger. Football looks down in all leagues.

2 Likes
  1. This is why I no longer care about the Heisman.
  2. The only way SS gets into contention is have great numbers and the team has a similar season like last year (finish the season 11-1 and playing for the Big 12 title).
2 Likes

Its not that long ago that superman won a heisman. I would rather a great team guy win it then a mediocre balor or a losing notter lame win one.

1 Like

It also doesn’t help that Arizona St got run over by Eastern Michigan late last night. They are 1-2 and now face Utah and USC, so probably a 1-4 start and their bowl odds are dimming quickly……

2 Likes

Spencer would have to be Superman this year to win it. He’s playing well, just hope he keeps it up and we win the conference with no more than one loss. That wi be a team accomplishment
Unless the BB qbs fall flat on their face he won’t win it. Media bias

1 Like

If he can keep close to these numbers the rest of the year, he will be in the talk and we will win our games.

Its hard to surpass what the media already wants. The thing is they could split votes. Both Alabama and tosu have 2 players. Spence tho has Robinson to deal with at texas. And calebat usc mite have anybody out there.
The hiesman voters are regional voters some time.

1 Like

If Spencer keeps the interceptions down and we run the ball and protect him well he will be in the conversation for sure. It’s just the BB bias that doesn’t ever go away. He seems like a calmer Spencer this year, making good throws, doesn’t get rattled much. Beat Baylor and game is on

1 Like

Im not expecting to much running against baylor.
Dunn has made it clear were going with which off they give us. We will do what byu did. Better recievers and qb.

1 Like

Just hope we can contain that huge nose guard
He can disrupt a lot of plays if we don’t double team him and keep a blocker to take the double team. Think they said the guys our yesterday were just minor nothing serious so we should be ready for Baylor.

1 Like

I think the biggest thing holding Sanders back is the past 3 years of him throwing interceptions still firmly in everyone’s minds. Now if we get to the end of the season and OSU is battling for the big 12/CFP and Sanders is still putting up these numbers then yes he will start getting more attention.

They also just fired Herm Edwards yesterday.

What does that have to do with anything. You have preached to us every coach is better then gundy

1 Like

Sanders has 10 Tds and 1 Int. Last year he finished 20/12. So it’s likely, he beats that ratio. I don’t know about the Heisman, but win B12 Qb all conference and win the B12 would be everything to me. If Sanders can reach 30 Tds, that’s a big improvement. He will have to throw vs Baylor and scramble. I’m concerned about our running game vs Baylor’s veteran d line.

3 Likes

Herm has been on the hot seat since last year, when all the recruiting violations came forward so don’t think it’s all his coaching either.

1 Like