Bob Bowlsby Alleges ESPN Conspired With AAC, SEC to Harm Big 12

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/bob-bowlsby-alleges-espn-conspired-with-aac-sec-to-harm-big-12/

The league sent a cease and desist to its TV partner.

If it’s true, then sue ESPN for all their worth.

4 Likes

Aaaaaaaand, here we go.

1 Like

yes we should sue but given the legal system we have chances of winning and putting some serious hurt on ESPN will be fleeting even with the most solid case. However we should still give it the ole college try and drag their a$$es though court. Make them all pay anyway we can.

4 Likes

Sue for more than that!

1 Like

I will say this: Bowlsby’s signature screams “d-bag”…bowlsby

2 Likes

From a legal perspective this letter makes sense. Notwithstanding the firestorm of events over the past week, the Big 12 remains a going concern with extremely valuable contract rights and responsibilities. In the past 24 hours the actions of OU and Texas have made them withdrawing members under Big 12 Bylaws which subject them to the Buyout provisions of the Bylaws. These are significant, potentially $70M per school over the next two years plus they have contractually granted their media right to the Big 12 until 2025. These assets have tremendous value to the Big 12 remaining schools going forward in negotiations with OU, Texas, the SEC and the TV networks. The prudent thing to do is secure these assets and then proceed in negotiations with other conferences and the TV networks. IMO the Big 12 is no longer viable on a long term basis. Bringing in BYU and others won’t cut it. But they should use their remaining assets to negotiate relocation to the other remaining conferences and then provide for an orderly dissolution and winding down of the Big 12.

4 Likes

Agreed, we don’t necessarily need to be in a hurry. We could play as an independent until an opportunity comes along.

Sure, sue ESPN and say goodbye to any chance of a televised game for the foreseeable future on either ESPN or ABC.

1 Like

This is the front page of the conference website. In addition to the hype/promotion given to OU and Texas (banner placement!), the page also features Sarkisian at Big 12 media days.

Get a clue!

1 Like

They aren’t the only media options available.

1 Like

Unbelievable - asleep at the wheel. Maybe they should also highlight Bowlsby’s quote on the front page from media day 2 weeks ago when he said that conference realignment wasn’t “keeping him awake at night”.

2 Likes

No they aren’t, but they are BY FAR the main one. By cutting them off all you’re doing is taking away your main avenue to national recognition, and thereby hurting your own recruiting opportunities. It is a pointless fight that you probably can’t win anyway, and would only harm you.

I love asleep at the wheel! Actually any Bob Wills music. Asleep at the Wheel does a great version of "Big Balls in Cowtown "

Lawyer up and hurt them where it hurt$, Bowlsby, or be your normal passive self.

Good attorneys can often win cases over behemoths, get a Rusty Hardin or the like.

Personally I’d go w/ doofus cause that’s how he comes across to me. Where’d Big XII find these commish, Goodwill Store, cause Beebe might’ve even been worse. Not that you can’t find a decent bargain at G/will store. :sob: :sob: :sob:

@william11
I disagree, Big XII can still be a relevant and good conference but it requires commish and powers that be to be proactive and go after schools the masses wouldn’t believe doable as far as a new or returning member. This whole problem from many moons ago was caused by one school, the ones w/ a bull w/ no cojones and a good commissioner would have seen it was going to happen and convince the other 9 left that sticking w/ 10, due to GREED!, with Bevo’s narrow behind wasn’t a good long-term partner.