Bob Stoops Pens Op-ed Defending OU's Move to SEC, Takes Shot at OSU

Yea both of the videos are 10 minutes or so and there is a lot to digest. The take away from both doesn’t paint a real pretty picture and what is at risk is not just the football team but all of college sports. The fact that these two moves (OU and Texas) could affect the funding of multiple schools athletic programs resulting in scholarships in all of their sports being reduced or cut entirely. That is just terrible if that really did happen.

3 Likes

It depends on how everyone else acts.
One thing, I know it won’t happen. Mizzu Arkansas a&m the to Mississippi school stand up and say no.
They dnt understand that down the road the now 8 blue bloods will want them out. Once ncaa football is over u think any body want to watch vandy at Arkansas.
The 3 remaining conferences thinking it will be OK just stay the coarse will be broken up.
Other good new is if we stay with the big 12 and and some aac teams we mite get a 20 million TV deal.
Fox is another player that has got to step up.

Good links Bruce!!

1 Like

I used to have a lot of emotion invested in the whole Bedlam thing. No longer (for a the last good many years). OSU be OSU, no need to look over the shoulder. #GoPokes

1 Like

How great would it be if the SEC votes to deny them?!?!

2 Likes

Each team is except to get around 15 million more money.
I could see Mizzou a&m Arkansas. They need one more vote.i know lsu and the Mississippi teams are saying “we get to stop playing Alabama and Auburn”.
So maybe vandy and kentucky mite say " we got to start playing Alabama and Auburn"

1 Like

More I think about it bob stoops is still an idiot.

Football, as far as this realignment goes, is the only thing that matters. Kansas is one of the true blue-bloods in basketball……& seemingly nobody wants them. Baylor won the National title last year……& seemingly nobody wants them. Football is king because of the $$. It’s just a fact. You mention OU being douchie for doing it behind the Conf’s back. The SEC, OU & Texas all did this move with as much secrecy as possible. But do you see how much drama A&M has whines about? See how OSU has reacted to it? This is the exact reason no one was told about it. You act like if the other entities were informed a year ago that they would’ve just said “ok. Thank you for the heads up. We’ll keep this quiet and wish you guys the best”.

“The Big 12 will survive without….” NO CHANCE. And whether you like it or not, OU & Texas we’re absolutely the entire Big 12.

The vote will take place soon. I say the only No vote May be A&M. So 1 NO AT THE MOST. What do you think happens?

Still confused as to why we have an OU fan trolling an Oklahoma state blog???

3 Likes

I’m not trolling. It’s a discussion. I love the discussion.

Well go discuss how OU Isn’t a bunch of doucheb@gs on OU BLOGS :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Yes. Forge our own path to greatness.

1 Like

Dear Former Coach Stoops:
Sorry to hear your awareness/insight has not improved since that day you punted twice. You overlooked the 2 words (engagement/transparency) that explains people’s disappointment in OU. It’s not that you are leaving B12 (in fact OU increased their fan base …good move). The disappointment is because you were not smart enough to pickup the f**king phone you ignorent moron!

(Current) OSU President
Dr. Kasey Shrum

4 Likes

I hope it goes thur. Ou won’t see a natty ever again.
Well I guess they weren’t see one with riley anyway.

That’s not what I asked you. You’ve said how this team & that one won’t vote to approve OU & Texas coming in. So the question is, how many of the 14 programs in the SEC, do you think will vote against OU & Texas coming into the SEC?

Well a&m because they can with no other no votes.
I hope more don’t get the same idea. U get 3 teams thinking their the second no. Would be funny and egg on the zero u and shorthorns

I don’t think anyone will vote against OU. I could see a couple against Texas. Not enough to stop it though.

Why r u worried. Did u not sleep well last nite.