Bowl Projections: The Bedlam-Related Alamo Bowl Problem

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/bowl-projections-the-bedlam-related-alamo-bowl-problem/

OSU-ND, OSU-A&M or … OSU-Oregon?

So there is ZERO chance Baylor makes the CFP? What if they finish the job they started 2 weeks ago and put OU out of their misery in the Big 12 title game? What if OU goes on a 2 game skid to finish with 3 losses? What if Georgia finds it’s mojo against LSU and michigan pulls the upset? What if everybody craps the bed and there are no undefeated teams left when the dust settles? That’s a lot of what ifs I know and the only one I really want to see is OU lose two in a row, or 3 counting the bowl game. But if we’re going to what if, let’s what if big.

1 Like

I’d love Oregon. Get us some Holiday bowl revenge. Also if OU loses in both Bedlam and the B12CCG, would teams be looking at us over OU potentially? Both 9-3 teams and we’d have the H2H late in the season.

2 Likes

Other than the sugar bowl, big 12 bowl tie ins stink. And they really get bad after the Alamo bowl.

5 Likes

If we have choose between beating ou and a little lesser bowl…gimme beating on ou!!!

5 Likes

To be fair, bowls after the Alamo stink because of the quality of teams, not the bowl itself. #FewerBowls

1 Like

The Camping World Bowl is good except for two things - the name and the ACC is currently terrible outside of Clemson so even getting the 2nd pick after the NY6 bowls is slim pickings. If a few of those teams can start showing signs of life, it will be a great bowl.

Both teams won’t be 9-3 because they will have played one more game than OSU.

I would agree, Beating OU is a better “bowl” game than anything a 9-3 team could go to.

1 Like

I completely agree, give me the Bedlam win at home and I don’t care what bowl game we fall to.

1 Like

100% agree with Clint! I would rather see a Bedlam win followed by a Dec 16th bowl against an FCS team than some nonsense loss to OU but we get to go to San Antonio crap fest. The Alamo Bowl is in no way better than a Bedlam win.

Ask yourself: in 5 years are you more likely to remember a Bedlam win or the name of the opponent in an Alamo Bowl?

2 Likes

You got it Clint. The money isn’t all that different for a win against the lesser school with the big football team.

I will be at the watch party out here in California. We usually have some OU fans show up so it’s all fun, but better when we win.

Fun! I can’t do watch parties. My wife says I’m too “animated and vocal!” :joy::rofl:

1 Like

My wife says the same thing, more or less. That I’m too “perfectionist” and negative. Which…yes, that’s true. I just want what’s best for my team. :triumph: