Fire Mike Boynton Thread

Go ahead. You know what to do.

1 Like

Pop.

9 Likes

We wait until the tournament rolls around and watch a mid major upset 1 or 2 teams and then boom. We hire him

1 Like

Did this really needs it’s own thread?

4 Likes

Eh why not? We have threads for everything

1 Like

Doug Gottlieb. Can’t see any controversy around that hire. I’m sure everyone in here will agree.

10 Likes

It would’ve easily fit in the tired of Boynton thead.

Also it’s a ridiculous conversation as he’s not getting fired.

12 Likes

I look at it as a way for people to vent. It’s no harm no foul. And with how bad this team it should honestly be considered, but you’re right o doubt it will

2 Likes

Yeah… There’s a place to vent in the tired of Boynton thread. Do we need two?

And no. He shouldn’t be fired. He has the #1 recruit in the country coming in and he costs next to nothing. This thread is fine for next year if we are even 2-6 in conference play… But right now it is inappropriate.

5 Likes

I don’t understand how we’re complaining about a coach who’s struggling to prove himself with no former HC experience but yet we wanna gore another guy who’s an analyst on FS1 and has no coaching experience? Not trying to be a dick, but I just don’t get the logic there

4 Likes

That is the joke.

5 Likes

It’s not inappropriate. We’re winless in conference right now. No win is in sight. It’s justified that fans are angry. We’ve gotten worse in the year 3. No excuse for that. This is an unwatchable basketball game. Cade is the only thing he has going for him. And he’s only here because we hired his (probably unqualified) brother to our staff. Seems perfectly appropriate to me to be angry.

1 Like

Ok, well I apologize then. There are some people who actually want him and I’ve just never understood it.

I think it’s a little unfair to say the only reason we got Cade is because we hired his brother. Was Cannen a big reason, and maybe the biggest? Absolutely, but it’s not like any school in the country that hired him was going to get Cade. For all of Boynton’s flaws, he did have us firmly in the mix at the center of Cade’s recruitment before Cannen ever entered the picture.

4 Likes

There were plenty of analysts who adamantly stated that was not the reason we got Cade, but anyone who wants to bash Boynton or the program says that :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Yeah, I know that the 247 Crystal Ball isn’t totally accurate, but we were the heavy favorite in that before we knew Cannen existed.

1 Like

I’d like to run a name check in these crap on HCMB threads against the ole miss game thread

3 Likes

This is a pretty massive “only thing”

4 Likes

It’s huge. No doubt about that, but again we’re in year 3 and he’s gotten worse. 1 player doesn’t change that. He’s only going to be here for a year anyway

One player could absolutely change that.

1 Like