Brandon Garrison, No. 1 Prospect in Oklahoma, Commits to Oklahoma State

He’s finished in the top half of the conference once (5th) with the #1 pick. If Gundy did that, you’d piss blood. Boynton also got a huge salary bump. I do not understand the Gundy haters. They all love Boynton who, again, 80% of the time has finished bottom half of the conference with no tourney. That is not where we should be.

Finished 5th last year so that’s twice and no # 1 pick last year. If the facts are on your side, you wouldn’t need to lie.

Finished tied for 5th and lost to Oakland and Wichita state . Great season

1 Like

We all know why you dnt say boynton is 4th place coachther is always next year

Don’t think anyone said it was a great season but next season no post season band and since every team in the conference with a better record was ranked in the top 25, any improvement will look like a big jump.

The same reason I didn’t call Gundy that the first several years. At least Boynton has never finish 12th.

Cool, yet you support him when the best he can do is two barely top half finishes. Gundy would be fired if that was his track record.

1 Like

If he doesn’t win the conference in the next two years or make final four, he should be gone.

Now see, I think that’s ridiculous. There is almost 0% chance that’s going to happen. If he finished top 3 in the conference and made a Sweet 16, I’d say he deserves a shot, but he won’t do that either. Boynton is not going to win the conference, though. Nor will he make a Final Four. Will not happen. Slightly better odds if Kansas gets sanctioned, but still won’t happen.

1 Like

What do you care? You support a guy who has been here 17 years and only won 1 conference title. Name a coach in the history of the big 12 or big 8 that has been with a school 17 seasons and only won 1 conference title.

Gundy has only finished in the bottom half 3 times in in 17 years. He has been 4th or better 13 times.
Boynton has never finished 4th or better in 5 years. In Gundy’s first 5 years were were 12th,5th,4th,4th and 2nd. How do you compare the two

1 Like

Exactly.

Because being competitive is good. Being in the bottom and no threat to anyone is bad. I’m just asking Boynton be COMPETITIVE.

1 Like

So if Boynton wins the conference he should get a lifetime contract?

Sure why not. If he is competitive. Rite now he is not. Half full stadium tells you he isn’t

No. He needs to have some consistency. Right now, his baseline looks like a 7th place finish with 5th as his ceiling. If he were finishing in the top 3 or 4 regularly and pushing for #1 every once in a while, he should stay. He’s nowhere NEAR that. You’re delusional thinking he’s going to win the conference. That’s not even on his radar. I have no confidence we’ll finish top 3 this year.

If Gundy finished as poorly as Boynton did for six years, he’d be gone and rightfully so.

1 Like

First of all I don’t think he will win the conference and second I think he will be gone in the next two years. I predict we’ll see Baylor go from the bottom of the conference to winning 5 conference titles while Gundy has been here.

He’s not going to be gone in two years because Holder decided to screw the basketball program with one more bad contract before he left. I just have to hope I’m wrong, but likely will sit through another five years of futility.

Who even knows if there will be a conference long enough for Baylor to win it or if Gundy will be in a conference with Baylor? College sports is in chaos. Reason number 400 that Gundy won’t be fired. He’s seen it all and has kept us stable. Boynton’s tenure has been marked by instability. Some of that is not his fault like COVID panic, but he also hasn’t been a steadying hand through it.

1 Like

In your mind, how many years of averaging 4th does it take to be better than a conference title?

Or another choice, 10 years of going to bowls but 0 conference titles. Compared to 3 conference titles in 10 years.

Who is averaging 4th.
Baylor only has won a title game once.
It is just bad luck we didnt have a change to play for a title or just won a title out rite. Since 2010 we should have had 5 title games. You keep going on about crap. The latest is this silly chit of defending boynton. He needs to start winning.