Cade Cunningham Out, Rondel Walker Available against Iowa State

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/cade-cunningham-out-rondel-walker-available-against-iowa-state/

The projected No. 1 pick in the 2021 NBA Draft will miss his second straight game, but the Cowboys will get one return against the Cyclones. Cade Cunningham will not play against Iowa State on Monday night in Ames, but Oklahoma State coach Mike Boynton will have Rondel Walker available, a source told PFB. Both warmed up in Ames. The duo missed Saturday’s game against No. 2 Baylor. Cunningham is believed to have gone through COVID protocol and had just been cleared for physical activity Saturday. OSU coach Mike Boynton said he didn’t want to rush his star back into action. Walker’s absence was credited to an arm injury. “Today was the first day that [Cunningham] was cleared for physical activity, but he couldn’t play a game having not practiced,” Boynton said after the Baylor game. “He needed to be here, but he couldn’t play. I wasn’t gonna play him. I’m not gonna make him dress, and then be tempted to put him in when they’re making a run. I’m not doing that. “So the thought is, [Saturday] was a good opportunity for him to maybe get some reps, shoot some balls, which he has not done in a week…

Sorry but all this cade stuff doesn’t add up. If he didn’t have the virus why does he need more time off.if he had the virus he shouldn’t be out and about

Something isn’t adding up here. The best player in the country is cleared, but we’re not playing him.

Am I misreading this?

1 Like