Chris Carson

Chris Carson getting injured his senior year was the best thing to ever happen to him. He came back from injury a totally different back. I’m just going off the eye test. He was fantastic down the stretch and the duo of Hill and Carson was amazing. I don’t know what happened to change his mindset but I truly believe he’s in the NFL because he got hurt.

1 Like

I agree with this entirely.

It bugs me when people make snide remarks about Gundy/Yurcich not properly using Carson. They used him fine. He was just bad. Then all of a sudden he was really good. Not sure what switch flipped, but I’m glad it did.

Same for Tyreek, by the way. He wasn’t mis-used or under-used. He just wasn’t all that good. And the atrocious o-line play didn’t help. In 2015, Hill did not lead his Division II team in rushing or receiving. Guys figure things out when they figure things out.

1 Like

The switch flipped when he stopped trying to jump over people and started truck-sticking any poor soul who got in his way. For the years he was at OSU he was my favorite offensive player regardless of his production. I love his story, his drive, and how he made something of himself.

1 Like

What I remember is he had a plan to go pro before he got to oSu. As Gundy says football was important to him. I think his struggles were the adjustment to D1 ball and the injury was a reminder that his plan wasn’t guaranteed. He came back with a vengeance and has continued to work hard to achieve his goals.

I said from the beginning he would be a better pro than how he was used in Stillwater. He joins the list of T Hill, Johnson, Moncrief, and Lacy off the top of my head that were criminally underused while in Stillwater…

1 Like

That list makes me sad.

He was willing to change his style of running and that’s what made the difference. I forgot where I read this, but IIRC his teammates challenged him to run like a power back instead of trying to be so shifty and run left and right.