Chuba Hubbard Heisman Campaign

They just dismissed Chuba as a Heisman contender on College Football Live because of Big XII defenses. He just ran for 296 yards against the #8 total defense. That’s a frustrating narrative. He’s better than Taylor.

Of course they did. I mean, Barry Sanders ran against Big 12 defenses, so he clearly didn’t deserve it either. What a load of SEC-elitist trash.

Also, what a tool: https://twitter.com/z__tomek/status/1178329896931794944

1 Like

@kyleporterCBS Time to get the hype machine going for Chuba. Pump out 4-5 articles next week maybe? :love_you_gesture:

All in.

1 Like

Looks like Gavin Lang is going all in too… Which has to happen.

1 Like

These talking heads are spineless. Didn’t Big 12 QBs just win the last two Heismans playing against Big 12 defenses. Feels like this award is only winnable by a SEC or BIG RB.

3 Likes

If we actually want chuba to win the heisman. He has to break some of Barry’s OSU records. Most in a game, season etc. which means gundy has to be on board too. You need the “chuba breaks sanders record” headline

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong I see your point but this was still unintentionally hilarious.

I agree with this Eddy but have a question for the group. Barry’s official NCAA stats did not include the Holiday Bowl. Chuba’s stats would include both the Big 12 Championship game (if we make it) plus a bowl game, correct? That would give Hubbard 14 games vs. Sanders 11? If that is the case might some of Sanders records go down, fair or not?

I dk if it matters, he’ll have to break a single game record and preferably in a bigger game to build the hype. By the time the 12 vs 14 games comes into play Hurts will have already won it.

Yep, that makes sense and I’m sure you are right. Thank you sir.