Coaching Search

Isn’t Macasland at taco tech now?

1 Like

If they don’t get Doug this time then who cares about the program anymore? Don’t give me the reasons to go get a smaller school coach, or the charismatic assistant. They’ve done it. It sucked.

1 Like

:-1:

7 Likes

Interesting concept (weren’t we saying this when they hired Ford? Or Ford was supposed to run? Something like that.) Terrible candidates.

Oklahoma State basketball coaching search: Pace of play key for OSU (oklahoman.com)

3 Likes

I just hope we don’t hire some guy that has had middling success at the P5 level for two decades. I’d rather take a swing at one of these mid major coaches that has proven they can win at multiple stops.

6 Likes

I was there before the expansion to GIA and it was like no other. Just let’s pretend we gave it a shot. Said Doug who do want on your staff? He says I’m gonna bring in Desmond, Brian, Glendon and Joe. What does Weiberg say to that?

He should say no. Doug has never coached, that fact that any of you would want Doug is nuts to me lol

22 Likes

To that point then why did we hire MB? He came from Stephen F Austin for crying out loud and was just an assistant.

Because Holder got told no to Doug and Holder is cheap to begin with.

2 Likes

Hell nah dude. Doug is not what we need right now. He has no coaching experience. He was told no because he had no coaching experience seven years ago and did nothing to fix that.

“He’s a great communicator” so was MB and that didn’t work out

“He has a plan for recruits” so did MB and it didn’t work out

We cannot afford to take a flyer on this hire. It needs to be someone with proven head coaching experience from at least the Mid Major level.

When the only reasons to hire Doug are that “He’s an alum and he played for Eddie” that’s not enough.

If you want that why aren’t we talking about someone like John Lucas III, who is both of those thing but also an assistant for the Phoenix Suns?

6 Likes

I, too, like hiring people for a job who have no experience doing said job.

15 Likes

Doug fills the arena until year 1 conference play when we get curbstopped by B12 teams

Then we would be right back where we started

4 Likes

Brian Montonati is a better candidate than Doug.

8 Likes

Blockquote
https://twitter.com/cbbonfox/status/1768413532184621487?s=46&t=Kr-MRGz89gYcOODj5y2zpg

Just give me a coach that can get the OSU fanbase rolling into KC like this.

11 Likes

I’m glad someone else said this because I’ve been thinking it since the news broke yesterday.

1 Like

Now this doesn’t mean I endorse Montonati as the lead candidate.

3 Likes

If Doug was serious about the job he should’ve spent the past 7 years getting some coaching experience

20 Likes

I don’t either. I just think he’s better than Doug

1 Like

Duh… :disappointed:

Lol

100% agree with this. The vast majority of the stuff I hear about Doug is that it would get alumni fired up. Cool, whoopee, that’s great, someone explain to me how solely having alumni excited actually makes us better at basketball, especially if it comes with the cost of hiring a guy who doesn’t actually know how to do the job and refuses to go learn how to do it.

3 Likes