College Football 2020 Season Thread

Seems like a good place to drop links for 2020 updates as the season is very much in jeopardy. With updates swirling left and right, we need a thread for updates relevant to football happening, or not happening, in the fall of 2020.

9 Likes

This is a big time development. Ohio State football players will report to campus in a few weeks: https://twitter.com/davebiddle/status/1263118358590914560?s=20

2 Likes

Heard today Alabama sent their stadium crew back to work. Looks like they’re going to be ready to go.

2 Likes

I wonder if it creates a chain reaction elsewhere, a lot of conferences are meeting right now. Ohio State moves the needle for sure.

3 Likes

2020 CFB. Bring it on.

1 Like

I feel like everything is pointing towards the season being a go at the moment. Even California started walking back some of their long term restrictions allowing pro sports to resume without fans in June.

2 Likes

Heard from an Iowa State Booster that as of right now, only premium seating will be open in the stadium. Ohio State AD stated that only 20k-30k fans a game.

1 Like

Seems like big news, imo https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/1263189960573796352?s=21

2 Likes

Obligatory “Thamel is a hack, don’t believe anything he says, he sux, etc.etc.”

3 Likes
1 Like

Obligatory “Auerbach is a hack, don’t believe anything she says, she sux, etc.etc.”

4 Likes

Why not other fall sports instead of two winter sports?

Money Brent M O N E Y !

And time, just give it a little time. Lord knows we’ve got that .

It’s weight lifting in June. I suppose that could translate to money down the road but pretty tenuous.

I’m just spitballing

1 Like

Let’s go

I don’t think it’s not big news, but I also think it’s the lowest bar for schools to clear. Other bars (from conferences and individual universities) will be more difficult. But it’s at least going in the right direction.

1 Like

If OSU goes to 15k-30k then it just alienates the middle income families.

Yeah this is going to be very interesting to see how this gets handled . Lottery system ? Should we draw straws ? Those suites will come in handy

2 Likes