Collin Oliver Commitment Primer: Where We Predict the Four-star Lands (PFB+)

A big decision looms Friday for four-star linebacker prospect Collin Oliver. The Edmond Santa Fe recruit is making his college commitment between OSU, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Iowa State, TCU, Utah, Ole Miss and Arkansas.

It could mark a huge in-state recruiting win for the Pokes in the 2021 class, who were first to offer him a year ago and have been in hot pursuit ever since.

Here’s where we predict he lands come Friday.

Kyle Porter: Arkansas – Mostly because I hate when we do these predictions and then all just answer Oklahoma State. I’m not sure anyone is positive about where he’s going, but I do think it’s a two-horse race between the Hogs and the Pokes. OSU doesn’t land a lot of Collin Olivers so this would be a coup on the defensive side (especially early in the class), but the allure of playing in the SEC might be too much for him to hold off.

Kyle Cox: Oklahoma State. Oliver will follow in the footsteps of Calvin Bundage, another Edmond Santa Fe linebacker to take his talents to Stillwater. OSU was the first school to offer him, and has been in the thick of it ever since, and I think that keeps this Oklahoma talent in-state.

Marshall Scott: Oklahoma State – Mike Gundy and Co. have a nice pipeline going with Edmond Santa Fe, particularly on the defensive side of the ball with guys like Calvin Bundage and Trace Ford. Unrelated to where I think he is going, he placed third in the state in high jump this year and weighs 220 pounds. Nuts!

Kyle Boone: All signs point to OSU. I mean, he’s committing exactly a year to the date of the time OSU first offered. The symmetry is perfect. OSU’s done a great job recruiting him during that time and I think it pays off in a big way Friday.

4 Likes

I think it’s gonna be Arkansas, hope I am wrong.

My week has been brutally boring and this commitment was the one thing I was looking forward to, pray to God it’s not Arkansas haha

1 Like

Delete delete delete

10 Likes

I think he’s going to pick OSU based on my opinion that Orange>Red no matter which shade of red you pick. And I slept on my left shoulder last night. Good days come after left shoulder nights.

3 Likes

I think you might be on to something there.

I hope he picks OSU since we were the first in on him and have stayed after him. Closer to home for family and friends. We really need him, his film is really good and seems to have a mean streak in him