Column: Wild Saturday Proves Oklahoma State is the Best Team in the Big 12

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/column-wild-saturday-proves-oklahoma-state-is-the-best-team-in-the-big-12/

OSU emerged unscathed Saturday as other Big 12 contenders slipped.

1 Like

“Oklahoma State is the best team in the Big 12.”

How about we prove we can win it first before saying so?

2 Likes

Jayhawks are back!

5 Likes

Are we the best team in the Big 12? Perhaps. We need to take care of business, win out, and capture the Big 12 title to leave no doubt who the best is.

6 Likes

I agree, don’t get cocky and take it 1 game at a time. We seem to be playing our best at the right time and just keep chopping wood and get better each week.

5 Likes

Definitely. A night game in Lubbock is going to be crazy. They’re going to be pumped looking for a major upset. Gotta be ready and take care of business.

2 Likes

Exactly. Win the next two games and then make that statement.

2 Likes

Did 63 points get ya a chubby ?

1 Like

It got me hard. Not as hard as Kansas winning though to be quite honest. Great game. Coaching and player execution was great. Much better than the shiit I watched last night.

2 Likes

It’s definitely a step in the right direction, but then again we played a team that ranks in the top 15 worst for rushing defenses and is the worst tackling team in the conference.

Not trying to take anything away from the victory, but yes beating a 4-5 team by 46 points is better than beating them by 4 to 6 points.

2 Likes

Always a backhanded compliment. You maybe the most negative person I’ve ever listened to … Gheez

4 Likes

If I could like your comment x100 I would.
We are in complete control of our destiny…as we were last week.
But the reality of college football is this:
Nebraska 3-7
Florida St 4-6
Texas 4-6
Florida 5-5
LSU 4-6
Miami 5-5
USC 4-5
The ability of a program to stay above this mediocrity is an achievement. I know there will be detractors who will point out flaws, but I prefer the optimism of opportunity.
Who ever saw the 3 Florida P5 programs having lost 16 games at this point!?!

4 Likes

That list is a shocker !! At least Florida is. They were in contention for a playoff berth last year. Half the players quit before they played the goons and got smacked. Joey has no realization what could happen to this team with another coach. He just wants another one cause he hates Gundy. It doesn’t take but a couple of years to bottom out either

3 Likes

And all 7 are what most would call BB too. How long before you are irrelevant before you aren’t considered a BB ?

2 Likes

…and those 7 teams have won 17 national titles in the last 30 years.

2 Likes

Nebraska hasn’t won in forever, Fla St since Jimbo left, Miami used to be king What’s more shocking Florida is loaded with D-1 players

1 Like

Under Bo Pelini Nebraska won at least 9 games each year from 2008-2014. How quickly it can fade.

1 Like

They weren’t satisfied with Bo, they thought it would be easy to replace him. Bet they wish they had kept him now Under Osborn they could have 125 players on the rooster then plus they had the slush fund paying for recruits to play without scholarships. All that went away, which it should have. It’s made it somewhat more even

1 Like

Glad to see KU beat texascede - or for that matter - anyone beat texascede!

3 Likes

I agree. At this point in the season, OSU is the most consistent & maybe the best football team in the Big-12.

However, I fear either the Big-12 Conference Administration; the fascist NCAA, the game officials and/or all of the above, will find a way to thwart OSU’s winning the Big-12 football championship!

At 79 years old, I have personally witnessed everything that could possibly go awry as related to OSU football. I hope this football season will be different…but….alas……:crossed_fingers::pray:

4 Likes