Conference Realignment Chatter

By popular demand, this is here to keep the football thread about football happening. Go crazy (but not too crazy).

6 Likes

@Alum_in_AZ Why do you think the PAC is the better option than the B1G? Seems like that’s by far the best landing spot for us. PAC has the best road trips though.

1 Like

Sorry, I saw this after answering on the other thread.

To me, it comes down to Ohio State. They completely dominate the politics of the B1G. USC and Oregon are big in the Pac, but not to the same extent.

2 Likes

No one has consistently dominated the PAC 12. Eastern and Western divisions give us a chance to consistently win our division and be in the title game. Win title game and going to get in an expanded playoff. (Expanded playoff is going to happen, too much $$$ at stake).

5 Likes

Forgive me for my ignorance, but how would a scheduling alliance between the 3 work? Does that mean they would rotate non con games each year and then play your usual in-conference schedule for the majority? Or would the 3 leagues be blended into one big scheduling carousel sort of like the NFL?

whispers The three conferences don’t know. But I imagine it would be marquee out of conferences to appeal to TV partners.

3 Likes

I figured it would turn into a non-conference agreement kind of thing, just wasn’t sure. I wonder how hard this will hit the FCS schools. They won’t get paid hundreds of thousands each year to get massacred by D1 schools anymore.

3 Likes

I’m super down for more marquee non-confrence games.

1 Like

People want to join the PAC because it’s seems like an easier acceptance… though the B1G may be more difficult to join their conference, if at all, but they’re teams receive more $ which would increase oSu recruiting overall

1 Like

Imagine the buckeyes in Stillwater… the place would be rocking. Until about halftime.

2 Likes

Imagine almost ANY B1G, ACC, or Pac 12 team in Stillwater. Non-conference P5 home and home games are the best. Then make it a big name – like when we had Georgia, UCLA, and even to some extent Boise State (as an honorable mention G5) come to Stillwater – and it is a huge deal. That’s what the scheduling alliance can get.

2 Likes

TV Viewers (M) 2015-2019 @AdamLunt

What are the oSu numbers w/o ou only?

What are the oSu numbers w/o texas only?

What are the oSu numbers w/o both ou & ut?

What are the ou numbers w/o oSu only?

What are the ou numbers w/o texas only?

What are the ou numbers w/o both oSu & ut?

My big question is if this multi-conference alliance happen. Does the SEC have a reaction move? So they look at 18 or 20 teams and bring in OSU and/or Tech to solidify that recruiting foothold in Texas?

1 Like

It gives them an absolute lock on an entire region from Georgia to Texas

2 Likes

This seems familiar…

Here.we.go.

10 Likes

Manifest destiny

12 Likes

The fact that he’s not just flatly ruling out expansion means they’re at the very least open to the idea, which I think is a pretty positive sign for OSU. I think that OSU’s case is strong enough to make a good impression, I’ve been most worried about whether the Pac 12 would be open to hearing it at all.

4 Likes

this is the article that @rcfb posted earlier today in the offseason thread before the convo was moved here

8 Likes

I know, I was just posting Fischer’s thread.

2 Likes