Conference Realignment Chatter

:point_up_2: This. Having schools come in late to the party and insist on a larger piece of the pie because of their own elitist historical perception is insane. :woman_shrugging:

I’d be fine accepting them on equal payout, however.

Now if the conference wants to start imposing merit-based payout incentives to all conference members based on annual performance, I’d be okay with that. Don’t think its going to happen, but that would be a legit merit system versus an elitist system.

4 Likes

The reason they (FSU) aren’t going to the SEC now is because ESPN does not want to award them blowing up the ACC by paying them even more money.

I would hazard a guess that Clemson likes money but doesn’t really want the smoke so if they could get to the Big 12 where they feel like they’re going to make the playoff every year not being a dead conference that would be ideal for them.

Hypothetical: ACC blows up because of FSU/Clemson. Why does ESPN care if they have to pay a bit more to pick up the pieces and put them in the SEC? Wouldn’t it be worth the extra payout to keep Yormark and Big 12 from getting their hands on both those teams? Kinda like how Goon used to offer guys late just so we couldn’t have them? Same concept.

The rumor has already grown into it being FSU, Clemson, Miami, and Notre dame and Yormark has secured a private equity deal that will make those 4 schools the richest in college football lol.

2 Likes

I wanna be one of the 5 richest schools in America LOL

4 Likes

I don’t care if the BIG 12 can’t compete with the BIG 10 and SEC, I would rather not be a second rate school in our own conference.

4 Likes

Who in the world is saying that?

3 Likes

This would solidify by confidence in the Big XII.

2 Likes

Notre Dame isn’t coming to the Big XII.

7 Likes

That would be awesome. And I like it with Cowgirl’s merit-based incentives revenue model. We need something viable until a new consolidated league is formed.

1 Like

I don’t like the private equity angle in these discussions. PE deals are always predicated on some sort of future exit strategy to monetize their investment. How would they exit an investment in a college athletic conference? Suggests to me they are envisioning some sort of consolidation in the future which would result in college sports, at least football, being completely commercialized.

I realize it feels that way now but then it becomes a full-on professional sport where colleges just maintain affiliation through naming rights. No more illusions of the student athlete. I truly hope that’s not our future.

5 Likes

It just adds more commercialization to the pile, I agree. Further eroding the old model of college sports.

2 Likes

Twatter “reporters”.

https://x.com/mhver3/status/1811602230157398215?s=46&t=mLxfuP_5HoKluPFarX9ZFA

This guy is all in again. :joy:

5 Likes

Blockquote
https://twitter.com/superfrogburner/status/1811789234124259833?s=46&t=Kr-MRGz89gYcOODj5y2zpg

I can’t wait for Yormark to crush the power conference fantasy land that SMU is living in right now :joy:

11 Likes

SMU lol

6 Likes

Don’t mess with Texas! (…of which four schools are in Yormark’s conference, but whatever)

8 Likes

There really is no long term viable scenario where SMU is included lol. Cant blame them for the spite.

4 Likes

In some ways they remind of of Texas fans and administration. Have money, know they have money, think the sports and academic world revolves around them, and each expects kowtowing by everyone else simply because they exist.

2 Likes

Greg has called it everyone, its definitely happening!

https://x.com/GSwaim/status/1812191488065122380?t=vBfk3BZgI-Q9iTvYF6j0UA&s=19

7 Likes