Controversial Fourth Down Ruling Dooms OSU in Ames

You don’t have to worry. Gundy will roll out the red carpet for the good ole poke choke. It never fails.

Especially if he has a degree. He’d be untouchable.

1 Like

Your an OU fan??

The dude hasn’t missed a kick all year. I don’t have a problem going for it right there, I’m just saying you act like it’s a no-brainer to go for it. I disagree

Yes

He played like 1 or 2 games. 56 yards is well out of the realm for an unproven kicker.

2 Likes

If I was an OC… My base offense would be the Pistol with most of the time 3 wide receiver set a good amount of the time unless certainsituations call for something heavy. The Tight End is definitely getting used. So much you can do with the pistol formations and so much you can hide with it. You can shift up to the I formations and Shotgun formations at the last second. Use the passing game to open up the run game. Look at what OU does they love using the flats to throw and wide receiver screens to open up the run.

1 Like

There is a difference in asking a guy to kick a 35 yarder and then asking him to kick a 56 yarder.

I agree, the kicking game has been good so far. It’s unfortunate that the kickers decide to suck balls in this game. Also we got a bad spot on that last series but as has already been said it was a poor choice to throw the ball behind the sticks as it just sets you up for a bad call like that.

You like OSU too or Just seeing what OSU fans are saying lol

We switched kickers this year? I had a brain fart lol.

Yea we did switch kickers but they had been doing good until today

Rule #1 for OkState. Never ever kick a field goal at ISU whether your kicker is a walk-on (which today’s was) or a future NFL-er. The goals are cursed against us in big games, as hurtful history proves.

Thought so, I think 55yd+ field goal is personally too far in college. Wish we would had stuck to Hale. I started in high school as a kicker, punter, and cb with some special plays for me as qb. I know what it’s like as a kicker in high-school to have your confidence messed with. Best way to recover is to just go back to practice and keep nailing them till you get your rhythm back, . Also helps to get a second chance again. I never played college ball before but had offers till I went military and skipped my senior season

This site is the best one going. Plus, you OSU fans are a lot more willing to deal in reality than my fellow OU fans are. I go on the OU sites too, but it’s loaded with people that either want everybody fired……or think they’re gonna win the Nat title

I was truly hoping for an undefeated Bedlam matchup. That spot was horrible and it was obvious to anyone with eyes he clearly had the first down. Why in the heck would a game that big … that probably should have been the game day game… not have any more cameras? What a terrible angle they kept showing. But even that terrible blurry angle clearly showed the spot. Big 12 can’t help but screw itself over and over on these huge calls. You Pokes have a great defense and deserved better than you got yesterday

1 Like

Well, fans we are stuck with this kind of play calling for 5 more years. No Big 12 champs in sight. I still love my Cowboys, just not coaching staff.

3 Likes

Gundy is going to stick up for this quarterback no matter what. Can’t they guy just for once say the truth? Say we need better quarterback play! He’s soft in his old age man I’m telling you. I’m at the age where Iv been around my grandpa and to see my dad start to act just like him it’s funny. You see your dad early on and he’s pretty stern and sure of himself and then after the years I started to see the softer side of him like grandpa god rest his sole. It’s true. It’s life. And we have grandpa Gundy as a coach.

1 Like