Converted Cowboy Back Blaine Green Out Indefinitely With Wrist Injury

Originally published at: Converted Cowboy Back Blaine Green Out Indefinitely With Wrist Injury | Pistols Firing

A big piece of OSU’s passing attack is out indefinitely.

Well thats a big downer. I think johnson had a wrist injury last year and he was gone most of the year. Hope we get him back by big 12 play at least.

1 Like

Hopefully it’s not too bad.

1 Like

It will be fine. We don’t throw it to the Cowboy Back anyway.

Not the stone hands.:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

Green switched to Cowboy Back in the TCU game…
TCU 3-80 1td
Texas Tech 3-46
Ou 5-42
Baylor 3-17
He did not play vs Notre Dame
But if we just average these 4 games:
3.5 46 yards 1 TD
Then take that average and multiply by 14 games: 49 rec 644 yards, 3.5 tds. Although I would like the tds higher those are great stats projected.

2 Likes

Good information Chris. Overall it seems like we are in good shape so far on the injury front, but I don’t like hearing Blaine will be out at Cowboy Back. He was really fitting into that spot well. He added that extra wrinkle to the offense that opposing defenses had to account for. He also appeared to be a good blocker on the outside.

2 Likes

Agreed. We need him back.

Wrist injuries can be tough. Ligaments and muscles pulled are slow. I imagine the trainers will have him up by the opener…

1 Like

You beat me to it :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I agree. However, that’s exactly what those are. They’re just projections.

On a guy who actually catches the ball. Count those passes up that he did catch in 4 games.

I told you woods would have been used( if he could catch).

Come on dude your chacing ur tail

1 Like

@joe15 so iowa had a 10 year span of 1 winning season. Another of 23 years with 2 winning season not overlapping. And iowa is the same as uo with 7 nattys and most wins in the nation.

This is joys logic at its best

1 Like

Before the season begins, projections, predictions and forecasting is all we can do. Maybe we can summon the ghost of Nostradamus and see if he can tell us exactly how many catches, yards and tds the Cowboy Backs will have in 2022. However, I probably would default to knowing the next Power Ball numbers….

1 Like

Kirk Ferentz is 178-110 .621
Mike Gundy is 149-69 .683

Gundy would need to have the following record to catch Ferentz 29-41…that’s right a losing record to catch him.

2 Likes

If you could read you would clearly see where I’ve never said Iowa is a BB. You just made that argument up to feel good about yourself.

Exactly!!! That’s my point. We’re content with being like Iowa. We are to the Big 12 what they are to the Big 10.

Do you know when the most recent team won a National Championship without having won one before?
A: Florida in 1996.
That means all the rest of the schools that have never won a NC are “content” with it. It’s harder than you think. And please don’t compare us to Clemson, it’s not even a close example.

2 Likes

If you could understand what the topic is,it would be refreshing.

1 Like

You’re talking about national titles. I’m just focused on conference titles and NY6 bowls for now. I think nearly all of us know Gundy is nowhere close to being in a position to winning a national title. Since we’re on Florida I guess I should point out they had four conference titles as well before 1996. I would say by my count that’s about three more than we currently have. You know who is closest to that number? The mighty Baylor Bears.