Could Zac Robinson Somehow Find His Way Back to Oklahoma State?

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/could-zac-robinson-somehow-find-his-way-back-to-oklahoma-state/

Robinson has been with the Rams, which could be entering a rebuild.

If he lost his job with no new job, of course he would be open.

Not sure what your going on about problems with the offense.

1 Like

Without even reading the article, no. Why would gumby do something that made logical sense? :face_with_spiral_eyes:

He seems more like an NFL guy but I wouldn’t say no if he wanted to come back to Stillwater.

2 Likes

I think he stays in the NFL. But believe he would be a good offense coordinator/play caller on the college level. I honestly would take him over Garrett Riley. He’s spent a lot of time with the NFL and his college experience as well.

2 Likes

If he could be an OC he may come down but I think that’s it.

2 Likes

@kyleboone Please be a prophet on this one!

2 Likes

Depends on how similar / different him and Gundy are compared to each other. If Zac is a dude that likes to institute and run his own concepts you can forget him ever coming to Stillwater. Maybe as a future HC and that’s really about it.

1 Like

You guys are cute think there is so much free will out there.
You guys thinking how dana and monkey force there thoughts in. Just like knowless not changing his defense.
Zac is working under an offensive guy. Using that coaches plans.

But keep that thought. Lol

1 Like

Strange how the two best assistants Gundy’s had thus far have improved their teams and faced each other in the CFP while Dunn has spent the last three years still figuring out how to be a D1 OC.

With the direction Gundy wants to go on offense, I’m not positive he would take the spot if offered. Now for sure if he had total reigns of the offense I bet he would. Seems like a OSU guy through and through type of guy. Just a gut feeling he stays in the NFL till it wears out for him.

1 Like

Bill you know what’s crazy? A lot of OSU coaching staff that left have had better successful careers else where since Jimmy Johnson. I gotta gut feeling if Gundy left for another school or NFL he might be more successful with different people above him. Be nuts if he ever took the Miami Hurricanes job and won big out there lol. Even guys around Pat Jones went on to have nice careers.

1 Like

What in the good chit does that even mean, two best coordinators Gundy has had. Maybe so joy but they never stay anywhere long. There you go arguing a point that isn’t there. Hell coordinators move every year. You just wanted to rattle your cage

1 Like

What do you mean what does that mean? What I’m saying is the two best seasons Gundy had in his career were when Todd Monken and Jim Knowles were here. Knowles improved the Ohio State defense from 39th to 12th in one season and Monken has been an OC for a back-to-back national champion. You don’t go to schools like that as a coordinator unless you’ve been able to prove your worth in other areas around the country. Unfortunately that’s the nature of the game. You have to go find coordinators when they leave. Gundy wants to keep coordinators around forever but he’s not in a position to do that (unless he decides to take a pay cut). That’s the difference between 7-5 and 10-2. I’ll also point out the last time Gundy promoted a guy within not named Kasey Dunn he was fired by Gundy. Unless Dunn changes something it looks like he might be on that same path.

Lolol !! Typical joy post telling everyone Gundy needs to take a pay cut for coordinators to stay. I guess you weren’t aware we offered Knowles more money than we have ever paid one. Knowles wasn’t staying here if we matched it. He still gave up more points to Michigan than the previous one had done. So the difference in 12-2 and 7-6 is the coordinators ? Right got ya. Stop your charades joy you’re repetitive and annoying with your arm chair chit

1 Like

I didn’t say he should. I said unless he decides to. Yes coordinators make a HUGE difference. If you don’t believe me then perhaps ask Gundy yourself then. The evidence is that the two best coordinators Gundy’s ever had gave him his two best seasons in his career. You would have to be a complete fool to not admit that Monken and Knowles weren’t a major part of that. Then again you’ve shown everyone on here that being a complete fool is something you keep striving to be.

@bill18 does go on about coordinators. I believe coaches and coordinators are great when the take bad team and when, not good teams to where they should be.
Both dont his favorite coordinators didnt elevate the teams just took us to where the talent took us.
2011 was the best offensive talent at every spot. 2021 had the most mature and talented defense we have seen.
Both knowless and monkey are good but great no.

1 Like

One has shown not only at Georgia but also at OSU (3rd in the nation on total offense in 2012). Yes, that was after the conference champion 2011 team that he doesn’t need the best talent to accomplish having great offense. The one that left for Ohio State improved OSU defensively every single year he was here with that same mature defense you talk about. He also took Ohio State from being 39th in defense to 14th on defense in one season.

It’s weird to me that you’ll make excuses for just about everything else and still deny the facts that those two coaches have done nothing but shown improvement at the programs they’re currently at, and have shown improvement at previous programs as well. I understand it though. When you absolutely can’t fathom challenging your own point of view the human brain’s automatic reaction is defense mode. In the meantime, I guess we’ll just watch Dickey continue to slop crap on the field and watch Dunn continue to struggle having a top 50 offense even when he doesn’t have significant injuries.

You completely ignore the fact they both have none the stuff your talking about with elite players. When will you admit that
Knowless proved to us and gundy his first year he had to change some stuff. They were ready to fire monkey his year at Georgia. Knowless was bought in to tosu to help in defense. Big 10 offenses were like our last 6 games. Knowless gave up 86 points his last 2 games.

Seriously dude. I understand your point. But my point is what would they do without talent. I always you or joy chit about leach. He never won anything but he could tear up some yardage with west Texas walkons.
I hear all about games we should have lost. Why did monkey loss to isu. He bearly beat a Mizzou team that ksu walk all over. Ever body goes on about Georgia has a walkon qb. But he isnt. He did walkon then left. Then Georgia gave him a scholarship to come back.

1 Like

Tell me how many elite athletes Todd Monken had during the 2012 OSU football season? An offense that finished third in the nation in total offense. There also is no evidence of an OC from a national champion team getting threats to be fired. That sounds extremely stupid and only you would believe that. You say Knowles gave up 86 points his last two games. That’s fine then. Overall he accomplished what he was supposed to do. Which was make the Ohio State defense better. Improving from 39th to 14th is a fairly big jump.

Also, it’s strange how you talk $h!t on Knowles and Monken while defending a coaching staff that went 1-5 in their last six games of the season, and struggled to break the 20 point barrier in every one of those games. It’s just further proof you absolutely are incapable of challenging your own point of view. You can’t be hypocritical of two coaches that have success and also think at the same time we should be holding onto a couple of the ones we currently have.