Cowboy Football 2021 Season

I was impressed with Dunn saying it’s a competition for a starting spot.

4 Likes

Yeah, that makes me excited for the possibility of better quarterbacking. Though, I remember most of our problems stemming from the line

1 Like

I’m here for the Bedlam loss.

2 Likes

You mean our yearly scheduled loss?

2 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

I will 100000000% drink a few beers before the game and talk myself into us kicking the sh!t out of them. It’s a yearly tradition.

10 Likes

This is our year guys! We’re going to beat OU.

2 Likes

Here’s a spring FB screener I just made.

5 Likes

Nope. We will not. Best to rip that band-aid off now. Save us all the pain of getting hopes up.

6 Likes

You’re learning, young one

6 Likes

The last couple seasons since I started school here have finally broken me

1 Like

I’ve been around for a while and it took me a long time to figure out that there is plainly a bedlam football reality. Since Gundy has been coach, we’ve straight up beat them once and backed in on a win once, albeit a play for the ages. It’s not Gundy’s fault. It’s just a weird rivalry that we are on the wrong side of. Better to get in a good mindset early.

1 Like

It’s so funny how logical and reality based the thinking is in the off-season, but once bedlam week comes every year everyone drinks the kool-aid and predict us to win. Then after the inevitable loss, sheer disappointment.

7 Likes

:shushing_face:

1 Like

This is the way

3 Likes

We goin to the Playoff this year folks! Heard it here first.

1 Like

There’s no way we’ll make it to the playoff. I know OSU football all too well by now.

We’ll blow out Missouri State, beat Tulsa and beat Boise on the road to build up some early season hype.

Then we’ll start conference play where we will lose to the Goons and a least one, maybe even two, other random Big 12 schools in games in which we can’t seem to get out of our own way.

We will miss the conference championship game again, and end the season in a middling level bowl, where we finally open up the playbook, see what the team should have been all along, and then look back on the season trying to find where something once so promising went so wrong.

6 Likes

you forgot: “and IvyLeageGlenn will be hammered for every snap of it!”

The defense is set to keep improving under my namesake Knowles. I think the injury bug CAN’T hit the O-Line like it did last season, fingers crossed. Dunn in year 2 can get back to scoring 35+ per game. Things look favorable for a good season. Sure winning Bedlam is hard, but Gundy’s 2-14 averages to once every 7 years and 2014 was… ummm like 7 years ago I think.

I can’t imagine rooting for a team with your expectations. I’m not throwing the cliché “go find a new team” at you, but seriously what keeps you coming back if you feel that way? It’s why I haven’t watched much Thunder BBall lately. Maybe I’m a fair weather fan, but I like to be optimistic every year. Life’s more fun that way.

2 Likes

Oh don’t worry, I’m sure I’ll drink the coolaid at some point this season, they’ve just hurt me too many times for me to be blindly optimistic about our football seasons anymore. Obviously I hope everything I said was wrong and that we go undefeated and win the national championship, I just don’t think it’ll happen.

And to answer your question, I keep coming back because I love OSU sports. My dad is an Alum, I’m a student, I’ve watched them my entire life, it just hurts to watch us miss expectations all the time.

1 Like

@marshall do you know of any websites that thave the Vegas odds of old football games? I’m putting together a spreadsheet but Draftkings only goes back to 2014.