Cowboys Drop Third Straight, Fall to Cyclones 66-42

Originally published at: Cowboys Drop Third Straight, Fall to Cyclones 66-42

It’s been a tough go for the Cowboys in the travel department this week, but that won’t give them any gimmes in the win column. Oklahoma State fell to Iowa State on the road 66-42, falling to 0-3 in Big 12 play and 8-8 on the season. The Cowboys have been outscored by an average of 20.5 in their last two. After a decent start, the Cowboys got buried thanks to turnover issues, a disparity in paint points and those dreaded free-throws. Despite cold weather causing travel troubles and a delayed tip, the Cowboys actually fell into a rhythm early, starting 6-for-10 from the field and building a 15-10 lead on the home team nearing the middle of the opening half. But the Cowboys got a little sloppy and the Cyclones made them pay. During a stretch midway through the first half, Oklahoma State turned it over five times in just over six and a half minutes. The Cyclones, who scored 20 on 20 OSU turnovers in the game, used those foibles as fuel for a 14-3 run to take back control of the game, including 10 straight in just over four minutes. Once their shots started falling, and their…

I don’t even watch OSU MBB this season. 42 points in 40 minutes of basketball is brutal. I hope their next hire is a really good coach. Need to get some portal players next year.

2 Likes

Mega ASS

Boyton just can’t coach.

Should have hire Doug damit.

We’d still be total ass. We need a proven HC.

1 Like

The season is lost. It’s time for a change.
Until that happens, I’d suggest everyone show the women’s team some love by watching/attending their games.