Cowboys in XFL

The kicker is back at the other 35. Nobody moves until the returner catches the ball.

3 Likes

So are on-sides not an option in this league?

i Don’t think so. A couple other neat aspects, the sideline reporters can interview players in the middle of the game; so one team’s kicker missed a field goal and the reporter was right there after asking what happened. Also the coaches are mic’d up and it doesn’t cut out, so you’re hearing the plays called live and the play by play announcers are explaining what the play will look like.

1 Like

Murray has two interceptions, no TDs, and 50% completion rating. Lemme see some Corndog.

1 Like

I’m conflicted. I don’t have ‘a team’ for the XFL yet. I really like the uniforms and all that for Dallas, but I don’t know that I can ethically root for Bob Stoops.

2 Likes

Since I’m in Houston and have no preference toward any other teams outside of TB Vipers having some OSU players I guess I’ll be a Roughnecks fan? :man_shrugging:

Go Renegades!

On sides are allowed but they have to be declared and then are run like a traditional kickoff.

Jarell Owens plays for NY Guardians

1 Like

Oh nice. I thought I saw someone mention they were both on TB Vipers. I guess they were just both in the same game.

Man tickets for the NY/TB game were expensive up here . Didn’t think it would be over 100$ and boy was I wrong .

Onsides are an option, you just have to elect that option before the kick. They have traditional rules for them, it just takes away the option for the surprise onside kick.

Full list of rule changes (& very short, super helpful info graphics / videos) are available at: https://www.xfl.com/rules

1 Like

Very nice. Thanks for the link!

1 Like

BAH GAWD THAT’S CORNDOGS MUSIC!!!

6 Likes

Yeet! Corndog v the Dragons! I’m here for it.

4 Likes

Kinda sad I wasn’t the one that got to break this. Saw it on Monday on Twitter they were splitting reps but Corndog would start and have packages for the other guy. Was waiting to confirm it

Sometimes it’s better to be first than accurate! :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Correct. All you have to start with is “sources say…” and end with “waiting to confirm”. :rofl:

1 Like

Everything I’ve read said that Cornelius took the majority of the first team snaps this week. And considering that Flowers only threw TWO passes last week, I would think that Corndog will play quite a bit.

Vipers coach Marc Trestman has said that both QB’s will play, but hasn’t committed to which guy will get the start.

1 Like