Cowboys Move Up to 11th in AP Poll

Thats bs all over the place. They were more impressed with who Alabama lost to.

“That’s not what I said, but here I am saying it in different words.”

People were looking for any excuse to keep OSU out. We had to go undefeated. It wouldn’t have mattered who we lost to. They wanted Bama in. If we had lost to OU, it would’ve been “OSU hasn’t beaten anyone”.

Clearly, they were comparing our loss to their loss, but they were also comparing wins. You act like Alabama didn’t beat anyone that year. Man, this is one of your all-time stupid comments and that is truly saying something. The only people who find anything you say at all coherent are the ones who, if you added all of your IQs together, still wouldn’t hit triple digits.

1 Like

That same year OSU beat eight teams with winning records. Four of those teams finished in the top 25. Bama beat five teams with winning records. Two of those teams finished in the top 25. So besides weaseling into the NCG. Yes, they didn’t really beat anyone that season very good outside Arkansas and LSU (in the NCG).

Proving to you that Bama didn’t beat as many good teams as we did is stupid?

Had nothing to do with wins or loses. Tv numbers.

According to our friend Jake here it did.

Oh, the logo was the first and foremost consideration. Like I said, they were looking for an excuse to bump us.

In the minds of the AP, wins in the SEC are more impressive than wins in the Big 12. This is true now and every year from then until now. That’s their narrative. This is why the SEC gets multiple teams in a four team playoff regularly.

1 Like

I’m of the opinion that the only thing that will change this trend is multiple natty’s over an expended period of time i.e. not in my lifetime for sure

1 Like

If that’s the case then the point you made about comparing wins is contradictory. There’s no point in even trying to compare wins then. So which argument are you going with?

Do they care about comparing wins? Or do they strictly care about the logo?

I think they care about win’s and logo’s

1 Like

Yes, exactly. It’s both. If we had won out, we would have been in. They penalized us for losing to a bad team for sure, but if we’d have lost a squeaker to OU and didn’t win our division and Bama had lost to Vandy or Kentucky and then won the SEC, I have no doubt they’d have been in over us still.

1.) Logo
2.) Wins
3.) Losses
4.) Style points

1 Like

Do you try to come up with the worst examples?

1 Like

Homie’s over here saying losses are better than wins. There are no good examples.

1 Like

Here’s one. Texas just lost by 1 point to the overwhelming favorite to win it all this year and Bama struggled against a 5-7 team that lost to Kansas last year who was on their backup QB. Texas should be ranked higher than Bama.

#YourDumbIllogic

1 Like

Well now that Texas has played Alabama close in their loss I guess they will be found to be “back” and given a top 5 in the rankings.

2 Likes

Probably so.

Ok so Marshal beats ND. I guess ND will have to drop to the lower half of the top 10. Or is Marshal a quality loss since it is ND.

1 Like

I would say the may not be ranked. They lost alot of players on offense. This doesnt make tosu win look that great.

Now ND lost to Marshall. How much does that “close one” with Ohio State look?

1 Like

Does anyone think the Texas 1point loss is more impressive than our win against central Michigan high?

1 Like

I don’t know what to think anymore. College football is crazy town

1 Like