Daily Bullets (Apr. 7): That Gundy Comment, JT Thor is Still in Play!

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/daily-bullets-apr-7-that-gundy-comment-jt-thor-is-still-in-play/

The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Perfectly Roasted in Historic Guthrie. Two Bags Ship Free. Order Now! Welcome to Wednesday’s Bullets where a couple takes are about as cheery as a Woody Allen movie. There’s good news and fun updates in there, I promise. Bullets Rundown • Let’s talk Gundy remark • How media is responding to said take • JT Thor is still in play for the Pokes! OSU Bullets • So let’s talk about Mike Gundy’s (incendiary) comments yesterday. For appropriate framing, here’s the difference between how Gundy talked about the events compared to how Oklahoma State deputy athletic director Chad Weiberg did. The difference here is striking. Weiberg spoke with humility, answering questions he could answer and deferring where it was appropriate. Gundy? He talked about blood transplants and how antibodies work. [PFB] I get it – we’re all stir-crazy and sports-starved, hungry for televised sports and longing for news that football won’t be canceled. But here’s where Gundy went wrong (and yes Mike, I have a job and collect a paycheck), we’re all concerned about the tens of thousands in our country who will die from this virus and encouraging young men to go…