Daily Bullets (Nov. 27): What Other Backs Have Done to OU, Kiper on Chuba's Draft Stock

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/daily-bullets-nov-27-what-other-backs-have-done-to-ou-kiper-on-chubas-draft-stock/

A little stale but the Pokes opened as 12 point dogs this weekend – seems a little strong. Ten at most makes sense. Bullets Rundown • What other backs have done to OU • Kiper on Chuba’s draft stock • OSU’s allegations vs. KU’s allegations OSU Bullets • This was a helpful insight for those trying to estimate the kind of game Chuba Hubbard can have against OU. Hubbard can be as elusive as Kansas’ Pooka Williams. He is stronger than Iowa State’s Breece Hall. He is more of a complete package than Kansas State’s James Gilbert. Williams, Hall and Gilbert all creased the Sooners for over 100 rushing yards earlier this season. [TulsaWorld] Iowa State is a complete offense with a dynamic passer, experienced line, and prolific running back. It’s understandable for Hall to break the century mark. But after watching Pooka Williams bottled up for 26 yards and Gilbert for 44 against the Pokes, it’s hard to imagine Chuba won’t be able to find serious success against this Sooner run defense. • ESPN’s draft guru Mel Kiper talked about Chuba Hubbard’s draft stock. The third-year sophomore — No. 6 in my most recent running back rankings — is…

If Gundy/ Gleeson can pull out some plays we haven’t seen much this year (Like the under center-Jelani package against Texas last year) I like our chances. If it’s the typical 10-15 plays over and over again, it’ll probably be a long day. I’ve come to learn to not put much stock in these games. Just don’t expect the world and go enjoy watching the game, and hopefully Gundy and Brown have the guts to come out and move the ball consistently. The defense will slow OU down a little, but they aren’t doing to stop them. No one ever “stops” them. So it’s all on our offense’s shoulders, and Ou won’t let Hubbard do it alone. Hopefully we see the offense’s best game Saturday.