Daily Bullets (Oct. 18): Homecoming and Hoops is Back with a Special Guest, OSU-Texas Line Moving

Originally published at: Daily Bullets (Oct. 18): Homecoming and Hoops is Back with a Special Guest, OSU-Texas Line Moving | Pistols Firing

Thanks for stopping by - here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news.

The betting line is moving against oSu even if SS does play. I think they believe that SS will continue to be ineffective throwing the deep ball because of his injury, and that the O-line remains banged up. I have to agree with that thinking. I think we are going to get trounced since Texas seems to be improving while Cowboys are going backwards because of injuries. I hope this isn’t the case for the rest of the schedule. But when the injury bug hits oSu teams, it bites hard. T he sad part is that we finally were seeing SS playing at his full potential this season. But maybe this will result in him wanting to return for another season? Why not? He’s not NFL material.

2 Likes

I have to agree, Texas has some dudes at the key spots on their team this year that makes them a challenge for an OSU team that is at 100%. One has to wonder if the betting world has an inside scoop on OSU’s health, I know that if I was setting betting lines I would work hard to get that kind of info. So if OSU ends up less than 100% for the Texas game then our chances aren’t good.

Does anyone know if Las Vegas book makers bribe low level staff or players to get reports on the teams?

Don’t have a clue but if I was in the business i would try to figure out a way to get the inside scoop. Having said that it’s my understanding that the betting odds are influenced by the money put down for one team over the other. I don’t really have a clue how the system works as I don’t bet on sports or even buy lottery tickets.