Daily Chatter

So, not to derail the very exciting Football 2020 and Boogaloo discussions, but I thought about a random question I had. I have a hat problem. Not in a bad way, unless you ask my wife. I buy hats all the time. I’ve got 10-15 OSU hats, 5-6 Texas Rangers hats, a dozen Orvis hats, Patagonia hats, etc. I’ve literally got a closet full of hats and storage boxes in the attic with more. Needless to say, I like hats.

Here’s my question: What are your thoughts on hats (or other merchandise) for teams you don’t support? I’m a huge Rangers fan and it’s impossible for me to imagine buying a hat for another AL West team. But, I LOVE the all green Oakland A’s hat. The new Brewers unis are legit.

Is it acceptable to buy the merchandise of a team you don’t support simply because you like the design or color?

Anyway, random and stupid. Feel free to add your random and stupid thoughts here as well.

1 Like

I only buy stuff from teams that I support but I think other teams memorabilia like an autographed hat from another team could be cool.

1 Like

If you are asking for permission to buy a crimson hat, the answer is NO.

16 Likes

I buy something if I think it’s an oddity or cool. I probably wouldn’t buy another major league team hat though but that’s just me. There’s a lot of great MILB logos.

2 Likes

I would think as long as that team is not in your favorite team’s conference (for college) or division (for pro), you’re good.

1 Like

No chance of that! I do own a few Baylor items because my wife’s ENTIRE family went there. But it burns my skin when I wear it.

3 Likes

I agree. I would never buy an Astros hat. But man those A’s hats are :fire:.

It would be OK to own Baylor stuff due to the family links, but you can only wear inside the house when family is over. On non-game days. Make that non-game weeks.

2 Likes

Baylor’s colors are probably the best honestly.

I have gear that I wear from teams that don’t exist anymore like the Hartford Whalers.

2 Likes

Ehh, they can’t pick a consistent color. Are we going gold or yellow? I do like the Sailor Bear logo.

1 Like

I seriously hate green unis. A’s, Baylor, Eagles, Seahawks, etc. Only exception is Celtics.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d wear UNC stuff due to family now that I think about it. Potentially Vanderbilt and UVA but that’s more questionable.

Weird and wacky.

You like that logo?? :neutral_face:
Sorry, I can’t help anymore.

After more thought, I’d wear an Oakland A’s hat to see that Tulsa Athletics play but that’s more in jest after the lawsuit.

I do!! I’m not perfect man!

1 Like

Love MiLB logos. I used to have several in high school. Might need to grab me some new ones.

1 Like
1 Like