Daton Fix Gets Shot at Redemption in Saturday's NCAA Finals

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/daton-fix-gets-shot-at-redemption-in-saturdays-ncaa-finals/

“For a long time I thought about it and couldn’t sleep at night because that’s all I was thinking about.”

Beat penn state

Hard to blame him, considering how badly he got hosed by the refs in his title match in 2019. Without that ridiculous stalemate call, Fix is the defending champion. Don’t know if that can ever be redeemed, but a win tonight over RBY sure would be sweet.

That’s right, the headgear holding would not have been a situation if the ref had not interrupted the crab ride that Fix had. That was no stalemate, Fix was controlling his opponent from escaping.
But next when the headgear pull happened Fix lost his focus complaining to the ref for a second and that’s all it took to lose the match which he actually would have won had the crab ride continued. I hope he comes out aggressive instead of defensive tonight. A pin would be great. Really good to see Geer pull out a win this afternoon and tough luck for Wittlake having time run out in a last second take down. Hopefully Geer wants to come back next season. And Wittlake should be even better next season. With the interview and the posing that AJ has been doing I wonder if he is preparing for a post college professional wrestling career? I think he has the goods for that.